Hair Transplant Physicians in Canada

Share/Bookmark

starr

Rank

Total Posts: 13

August 14, 2012, 03:44 PM

Has anyone had experiences with Dr. H. Rahal (Ottawa), Dr. S. Mulholland (Toronto), or Dr. R. Jones (Oakville)?

I’m now considering HT because my LLLT is only keeping what I’ve got left…been using it since March every other day for 20 minutes and I dont think I see new growth.  So I’m considering trusting one of these docs.

Right now, I’d say I’m leaning towards Dr. Rahal. He specializes in hair restoration (rather than a bunch of cosmetic surgeries), has been doing it for a long time, has great before-after pics/videos and testimonials, and he is the only one in Canada to offer the ARTAS robotic device to assist in the procedure.

Dr. Mulholland has great reviews but they are all about non-hair related procedures. His bio is impressive but it sounds like he’s just getting into hair transplant with the Neograft machine being offered.

Dr. Jones well…he’s been at it for a while and he uses the Dr. James Harris’ S.A.F.E. Scribe.

Any feedback is welcome, especially from people who have had experience with these doctors or transplant centers.

IGNORE

Thicket

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 1 ]

October 29, 2012, 12:40 AM

Hey there,
Two weeks out from a procedure with Rahal to strengthen my hairline. In my, and other’s, opinion, he is one of the leading surgeons in the world. Consensus right now is that the best surgeons are in North America and the tops are Rahal, Hasson, Shapiro in the first tier. These other names don’t even rate, I’m not sure where you found them! Trust me, I did a ton of research on this for over a year before deciding on Rahal. He is professional, thoughtful and a true artist. His staff are amazing, and you can also stay at a very cheap guesthouse he is connected to, where many of his patients stay in the days after the surgery. I had a great four days with my fellow patients from the UK and Western Canada.
Obviously the proof will be in the pudding, but so far my experience could not have been better.

IGNORE

Thicket

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 2 ]

October 29, 2012, 12:42 AM

One more thing, Starr, stay away from the robotic thing and any other flashy new trend. Do what is proven. I did a traditional strip, got more grafts than predicted, and the scar is healing very nicely.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.