OMG laser helmet and Super zix question.

Share/Bookmark

Jayson20

Rank

Total Posts: 6

August 20, 2012, 08:07 PM

After browsing this informative forum,  i have noticed that a lot of people have seen success with OMG laser and also Super Zix. And therefor i have some question regarding this since im fairly new to this.

1) Is ebay the best and only place to find OMG helmets or alternatives ? What exactly do i have to look for, any specifications ?I just don’t feel safe building this thing on my own so i would prefer paying for something completely ready. Also what would be the price?  i have seen someone was selling it for about $800 here ..

2) I have also checked Aixiz.com but i couldnt find any helmet , are these only components needed to built one ? 

3) Super Zix. Is this good combination with a laser treatment ? What I dont understand is the Zix creator does recommends minox 5 % way over Super zix,  does this mean the hair muck that comes with minoxidil or only a 5 % minoxidil product ?

Cheers.

Jason smile

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 1 ]

August 22, 2012, 09:28 AM

Jayson…OMG makes helmets you just have to get a hold of him. Also, I believe some people put minoxidil in the hairmuck but zix is definately a stand alone alternative to minoxidil. I ordered a kit some months back and im just now about to get started.

IGNORE

Jayson20

Rank

# 2 ]

August 23, 2012, 09:26 PM

Thanks. Is Zix superior to minoxidil or vice-versa thou? im actually trying to avoid minox because irregular heartbeats and from what i`ve read minox can exacerbate things. Regarding helmets,  I will have to contact him directly then.

Also whats peoples opinion of Hairmax laser comb as a treatment ?

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 3 ]

August 24, 2012, 07:02 AM

My personal opinion is that minox is a drug for the heart, with some hair growth as a side effect, if you have ANYTHING with your heart, I would personally avoid. Zix is a benign, effective for many, (that’s another thing - Minox is NOT effective for everybody, still it got approval as a hair loss treatment. Go figure) and there is real science behind zix. Go for the zix, protect your hair and your heart.

The laser comb is a single diode, the helmet is upwards of 300. MUCH more effective. And when you compare the price of what you are getting, it’s a slamdunk. Even better, if you are mechanically inclined (I am not) OMG is perfectly happy if you make your own helmet - he has detailed instructions on his site, laser messiah.com

best
h

IGNORE

Jayson20

Rank

# 4 ]

August 24, 2012, 10:26 AM

Gregsmom48 - August 24, 2012, 07:02 AM

My personal opinion is that minox is a drug for the heart, with some hair growth as a side effect, if you have ANYTHING with your heart, I would personally avoid. Zix is a benign, effective for many, (that’s another thing - Minox is NOT effective for everybody, still it got approval as a hair loss treatment. Go figure) and there is real science behind zix. Go for the zix, protect your hair and your heart.

The laser comb is a single diode, the helmet is upwards of 300. MUCH more effective. And when you compare the price of what you are getting, it’s a slamdunk. Even better, if you are mechanically inclined (I am not) OMG is perfectly happy if you make your own helmet - he has detailed instructions on his site, laser messiah.com

best
h

Six and laser comb or helmet it is smile.
Thanks for the elaborate and sensible view points Gregsmom48, I was really reluctant to try minoxidil because of my minor heart conditions. Its just seemed that minox is the most widespread treatment with the most reviews but it would not be the right choice for me.

My front hairline has only just begun to recede, would laser treatment help with receding front hairline ?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 5 ]

August 25, 2012, 05:57 PM

What I dont understand is the Zix creator does recommends minox 5 % way over Super zix,  does this mean the hair muck that comes with minoxidil or only a 5 % minoxidil product ?

I wouldn’t say I recommend Hair Muck/Minox “way over” Super Zix II. I do see the benefit hair muck/minox does have over Zix however. It has nothing to do with effectiveness. It has to do with compliance. The average hair loss sufferer will stick with minox for years and years because it is “proven” to regrow hair. Most people won’t stick with Super Zix II because it is not “proven” to regrow hair.

It’s all about long term compliance. It’s not so much what you do in the next 6 months that will make the difference. It’s what you do over the next decade that will.

Minox can have side effects however. Years ago I believed side effects were very rare because I personally used to practically take a bath in the stuff every day and I never experienced any sides. Since then I have run into many rational people (who’s opinions I trust) that have definitely have had problems with it. OMG is one of them.

I still think side effects from topical minox are relatively uncommon but there are some people who can definitely have a problem with the stuff.

IGNORE

Jayson20

Rank

# 6 ]

August 26, 2012, 09:14 PM

I understand your point, it is important to find a product one sticks with for the long term. I woulnt know the difference between these two as i haven’t tried it them yet but if zix isnt any more greasy or anything im all for it. I think i will place an order on zix first, so there is an order coming your way. Hope it will get here soon (europe). smile

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 7 ]

August 27, 2012, 08:56 PM

Jason there are things we can do if either formula is not suitable. If it’s too greasy…we can fix that. If it’s too drying….we can fix that.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.