Super Zix II Question

Share/Bookmark

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

August 29, 2012, 07:29 PM

Joe,

So I know Super Zix has been around for quite some time now and I’ve heard the occasional positive report or two over the years, but never got around to committing to it myself.  This is largely because the only topical I ever really used was high quality Emu Oil (for roughly a year) with no results in terms of regrowth.  I know you can’t expect much in that sense with any topical, however as time goes on, I think a localized anti-androgen would be particularly beneficial for me.  I started receding around age 20 and have the thinning, curly hair around the ears/side temporal region as well - novel characteristics of sensitivity to androgen-related hair loss.  Since starting laser therapy just a month ago, I want to commit to at least one topical for the long term in conjunction.  I think Super Zix II is what I’m going to settle on, in combination with emu oil.  While I didn’t notice anything in terms of regrowth with Emu, I know it’s an excellent delivery substance and is highly absorbent in my skin.

ALL that being said, what have the majority of your consistent, long-term Zix users reported in general after extended use?  I’m particularly interested if there are any reports of vellus hairs trending toward terminal, especially in conjunction with laser therapy.  I know you don’t like to claim any definitive results from your topical, and understand why, but would like to know what you’ve heard/experienced.

Thanks,
TG

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

August 29, 2012, 09:51 PM

Tough question to answer. The truth about results are that I really don’t know. Most people that order and reorder I never really talk to. Yet they reorder? So what does that mean?

Then there are the people who do relate their experiences to me. Results vary. I’ve had a few claim miraculous hair regrowth. I’ve had others that did not regrow any hair at all. Then there’s the percentage of people that return their kit for a refund. All I can say is that almost no one ever does that. Probably less than 1%. So what does that say? I’m not really sure.

So here’s kind of my standard answer for what it’s worth.

1). It is really hard to regrow any significant amount of hair no matter what you use.  Even men that were surgically castrated actually didn’t even regrow much hair. (They needed to be castrated for medical reasons).  Now we know this stops further regression dead in it’s tracks but regrowth is an entirely different matter.

2). Results from every treatment for hair loss always falls short of our hopes but the research and rationale for the Super Zix II formula is sound in my opinion.

All that said I think our goal should be to stop further hair loss or at the very least dramatically slow it down. If we get some regrowth…great! But if we’re looking for regrowth we will end up being disappointed most of the time.

Turning vellus hairs into terminal hairs? Very rare in my opinion from what I can tell.

One final point. If you think your hair looks bad now, imagine how it will look in 5 years if you don’t effectively treat it. This is certainly not the kind of response you were hoping for but at least it’s an honest one. I do believe in my formula though. I do believe it is as good if not better than any other natural topical out there.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 2 ]

August 29, 2012, 09:58 PM

I think we have to look at the psych issues too. Is it really so bad to lose ones hair anyway? Hair loss need not stop you from doing anything or being anything that you want to be. So I recommend you do your research. Pick your treatment. Remain compliant with the regimen and then say the “hell with it”. You say to yourself “I’m doing everything I reasonably can to fight the condition so now it’s time to focus on other things”.

Nice talking with you TG.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 3 ]

August 30, 2012, 06:22 AM

Thanks Zix,

I’ve been fighting hair loss for about 5 years now, and am fully aware that virtually nothing out there can really regrow a significant amount of hair.  Laser therapy is just about the only thing I haven’t tried long term and seems to be the only thing I’ve come across with a good deal of pretty consistent, positive testimonials.  There are some younger guys here that have recently posted amazing results from it.  Being that I’m only 24 and probably a NW 2.5 - I’m hoping that LLLT in conjunction with a good topical will produce similar results.  I’m going to give this approach a good 18 months and if I don’t see something noticeably positive happening, I’m done with the hair loss fight until a legitimate treatment hits market.  Even with the amount of hair I have now, I’m not willing to keep up the tedious styling of it and stress that accompanies that.  I’m very much at my wits end with the whole situation.  This is just my opinion obviously, but if my last stand here is unsuccessful then screw it.  I’m going with the buzz and that’s that.  Life goes on.

Thanks for the response!
-TG

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 4 ]

August 30, 2012, 02:00 PM

True Ground…

That is a great approach…I completely understand where your coming from..I started losing my hair around the same time as you.  I’m nkw 32 so its been a bit more prolonged..Honestly, my main problem has been compliance…I was complient with propecia for a few years but it didnt seem to do much early on.  In any case, im not so sure that is something i would want to do long term anyway…Around 29 i found this site and ordered a helmet from OMG…I did stick with that for about five months consistently..At month 2 I experienced a week or so of barely any loss. Then that subsided and i seemed to shed again.  I ended up taking a trip and once i returned my consistency was in the crapper…Then i sent my helmet back for more coverage and increased to 400 diodes…I barely stayed consistent with the helmet once this. was added. This past spring i ordered a super zix kit and to this day have not mixed the topical…I have pretty dramtic diffuse thinning and even my sides are thin..I would love to just get the shedding under control and thicken the hairs i already have…My problem is compliance…I couldnt use minox due to scalp irritation…I feel zix may help but life just gets so busy you pick your battles i guess. That said, i recommend you stick to your plan. but go all out for those 18months…I would like to do the same!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

August 30, 2012, 07:08 PM

Excellent response Neutron. Compliance is a huge long term issue that never really seems to get discussed. Whenever I see a post about a guy doing a whole bunch of things I say to myself “are you really gonna stick with this for the next decade”?

Treating hair loss is a marathon, not a sprint. I think we need to factor that in.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 6 ]

August 30, 2012, 07:41 PM

Neutron,

Thanks for the encouragement.  Man, I don’t know if you’ve seen the most recent laser testimonials here, but a user named Calbruin posted his three year laser update not too long ago.  He said most of year one was uneventful and a “shed fest”.  Year two, he started noticing positive things happening.  Year three marked seemingly significant regrowth, almost to the point of getting back all of his hair.  Another user followed up on that thread saying he experienced great results as well.  That was posted right after I purchased my helmet about a month ago and I decided no matter what, this is the one thing I’m DEFINITELY sticking with.  I encourage you to do the same, as it’s probably the easiest and seemingly most effective treatment to comply with.  The only downside, is that great results can clearly take years.

With diffuse thinning, I would say ditch the topicals, except for a good non-chemically-laden shampoo.  Can’t imagine anyone who would comply with applying a topical to their whole head every day.  Then, just hold strong with laser therapy.

Are you diffuse with recession as well?  If not, just diffuse loss can actually look great buzzed down and basically give the illusion of an almost full head of hair.

Just my two cents.

Best of luck!

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 7 ]

August 30, 2012, 09:38 PM

Zix…

Its funny because when i first started treatments it seemed like the more the better. You couldnt have said it better in that you cannot realistically stick with everything. My goal moving forward is to keep things simple and focused.  That includes realistic goals.

True Ground…

It is always great to hear about good results. Especially results that were obtained over time that encourage you to stick it out!

In terms of myself,

I do have a bit of recession.  And you are correct that topicals can be difficult for me. However, I feel that zix may be the right fit because it is less harsh than drugs and more cosmetically acceptable from what i hear. If anything I will use it at night and wash my hair i. the morning.  I think I’m going to start my timeline after labor day.  Do you use any supplements? I like fish oil and co q 10.  I’m also consideri.g biosil as some studies show it helps facilitate good growth cycles.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

August 31, 2012, 12:04 AM

You know Neutron….think about it. Why do we brush our teeth everyday? Do we really brush our teeth to prevent cavaties and gum disease? I brush my teeth because it makes my mouth and breath feel clean and smell better! We get an immediate benefit from brushing our teeth…..so most people remain compliant.

I tried to carry this idea into the zix formula. I tried to make something that long term would help but short term would make the hair look and feel a bit thicker. I can’t say I completely succeeded in that but I do believe it does make the hair look a little thicker.

That said there lies the secret of getting people to use something long enough to make a difference. Make a formula that makes the hair look SIGNIFICANTLY thicker immediately after applying it.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 9 ]

August 31, 2012, 09:18 AM

Zix…

That is a great analogy..I brush my teeth twice a day w/flossing included at night. I dont feel right without doing that routine. Id like to get there with Zix. I’m hoping it helps my scalp, which would be a key contributor in keeping me consistent..I do believe that a simple and consistent routine is necessary for success. This applies to working out as well.  Oftentimes people spend a ton of time in the gym and get some results only to burn out.  After sometime they quit because they tried to “sprint” to the finish line in a marathon.  The best results come over time and not within 3-6 months. Over time i believe you can end up in a better place even with marginal gains little by little….

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 10 ]

September 01, 2012, 02:49 PM

Hey Zix…

Quick question regarding mixing and application bottles.  Where do you get your bottles?  Also, do you use a spray or dropper to apply the treatment?  Any reason a spray container would be less effective?

Thanks..

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 11 ]

September 04, 2012, 10:09 PM

You can get them here:

http://www.specialtybottle.com/amberbostonroundglassbottle4ozwdropper.aspx

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 12 ]

September 10, 2012, 06:23 PM

Zix..

Thanks for the info.  I’m going to buy my bottles from that link. Do you see any issues with the spray bottles? I have diffuse thinning so that would probably be best..

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 13 ]

September 10, 2012, 07:10 PM

Hi Heutron. Spray bottles tend to clog. I would stick with an eyedropper.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.