Question about wiring on the LLLT Power Supply….

Share/Bookmark

Addicted

Rank

Total Posts: 18

September 11, 2012, 02:49 AM

I have a question, I’m trying to wire my LLLT helmet back onto the standard silver power supply. Been a while since I disconnected the wires and just want to be sure I’m reconnecting this back correctly..

As some of the users here have the silver standard power supply unit running their helmets, I was hoping somebody can walk me through on the reconnection of the helmet wires and power cord back back onto the silver power supply…  Just need to know which wire goes were…  smile

So on the silver power supply starting from the left on the terminal side, I have and “L and N” (ac in), then FG terminal, then three G’s (I’m guessing these are ground) and then three V+ which again I’m guessing these are positives…?

The laser helmet has 2 blue wires and 2 red wires… Not sure which goes were… Then on the power connector, which looks like a regular pc power supply connector, this has 3 wires… one black, one green and one white…

If somebody can take a brief few moments and let me know.. Or if OMG is around and can help here that would be great also..

Thanks in advance….

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

# 1 ]

September 12, 2012, 04:19 PM

Am I the only one left using the standard silver power supply..  ?  smile

Should only take about less than two minutes to verify the wires coming from the helmet for reconnection back onto power supply…. The same with the power adapter plug….

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

# 2 ]

September 16, 2012, 03:24 AM

Disregard my post… I figured it out.. thanks…..

Looks like my pulsed drive is acting up… :\

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 3 ]

September 16, 2012, 07:53 PM

Addicted - September 16, 2012, 03:24 AM

Disregard my post… I figured it out.. thanks…..

Looks like my pulsed drive is acting up… :\

How so?  I’m not that jazzed about the connectors on the pulse drive.  I regularly have to check and tighten the screws that attach the wires, and the connectors seem to disconnect regularly.  Oh well, I’m still very pleased with the pulse drive.  Could be my imagination, but I’m pretty sure that since starting with the pulse drive I’ve finally experienced the ‘pump’ that others have spoken of.  Never had that sensation with my helmet before adding the pulse drive…

IGNORE

Addicted

Rank

# 4 ]

September 21, 2012, 12:52 AM

Hello, sorry bout the late reply, doing too many things at once here..  I never had much trouble with the wires screwed into the connector. That part seems ok.. My wire going into the connector is a 14 gauge. Seems to fit well. However I been noticing the pulsed drive has been running a bit hot lately. Almost seems too hot, and I been noticing a smell of what seems to be something electrical burning.

I don’t know how your helmet is constructed, but my helmet has 2 power wires and two ground wires. All 4 of them are of 14 gauge. The one trouble I had was that this pulsed unit connector will only allow 3 terminals. So I had spliced the wires together so there were only 2 wires. Thing is that I spliced two 14 gauge wires into 1 14 gauge wire. Seems like this was too much for the single 14g wire as the wire was also getting warm to the touch.

Anyways, then the pulsed drive seemed to work intermittently. At times it would power up then shut down after about 2 minutes of operation. And at times it wouldn’t even want to turn on. Just making a long beep and no power to the leds..

I been using the pulsed drive for a good 7 months + now. I can’t say I felt much pump after using the pulsed or standard, but I’m getting the feeling that I may be better off using the standard power supply for a bit. Most positive reviews you find are from users who were on the standard power supply. Been a while since the pulsed unit was introduced, and yet we don’t see to many reviews.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.