An interesting article on Vitamin D receptors and hair growth.

Share/Bookmark

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

September 11, 2012, 10:44 AM

Anybody have any further information on this?

http://news.yahoo.com/science-getting-closer-curing-baldness-032113927.html

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

September 12, 2012, 03:19 PM

Yea I saw that article. I don’t have anymore information but it did mention the problem is not one of getting enough vitamin D. It’s more complicated than that.

Dare I say perhaps the way to take advantage of this information is simply to get more natural sunlight? Perhaps laser light has something to do with vitamin D receptors? Maybe that’s why it works.

Don’t know. Interesting though.

IGNORE

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 2 ]

September 12, 2012, 04:33 PM

Hmmm! The tie-in with laser light actually makes sense.  I bet this will lead to a cure in like 5 years. LOL. Thanks for the reply Zix.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

September 14, 2012, 08:47 PM

Hi Dobika. Yea I always thought it was arrogant to think the only thing we get from sunlight was vitamin D. I think it’s more accurate to think of natural sunlight as a nutritional requirement. Testing vitamin D levels is merely how we determine we have a deficiency of that sunlight.

I believe there are probably hundreds maybe thousands of benefits of sunlight that have nothing to do with Vitamin D…we just don’t know what they are. I’m not saying we shouldn’t supplement with Vitamin D…on the contrary. However I don’t think it would take the place of getting our levels normalized by spending some time taking in some natural rays.

I believe lasers touch upon this deficiency….but they only represent one particular wavelength. It’s hard for me to imagine some of the other wavelengths might not be of benefit. One thing about lasers though….we know they work for hair loss. A helmet makes it pretty easy to remain compliant with the regimen as well.

Conversely I don’t think we credit plain old darkness as a nutritional requirement either. We were meant to spend time in sunlight and we were meant to spend time in darkness. However when the sun goes down….on go the lights. What does this do to screw up our long term health and vitality?

Unfortunately we really don’t know. We have more questions than we have answers.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.