Video against LLLT - Can somebody comment?

Share/Bookmark

dZine

RankRank

Total Posts: 80

September 19, 2012, 04:46 PM

Hey Guys,

just noticed this video.
http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1280

It is not scientific at all…in fact not much properties are stated. But the basic idea is true.

Why does a laser that cannot penetrate thin materials like paper or tissues be powerfull enough to stimulate the hair follicles?

Some comments would be appreciated..

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 1 ]

September 19, 2012, 08:41 PM

dZine,

This is old news, ignore it.  I know what your talking about before even going to that link.  Hold an active laser diode against the tip of your finger and notice how your whole finger lights up, as the light is being diffused throughout.  The same thing is happening to the tissue in your scalp, which is GOOD!  You want a diffusion of the light throughout the tissue, not a pinpoint laser beam going straight to your skull.  LOW level laser therapy is self explanatory in it’s name.  We’re not looking for a high-powered laser that would show a perfect dot on the wall behind an obstacle, like tissue paper.

We want therapeutic laser stimulation, not “Mars Attacks!” lasers.

IGNORE

BSD

Rank

Total Posts: 17

# 2 ]

September 20, 2012, 12:20 AM

Notice that the comments on the video in youtube are disabled..lol Wonder why? Anyways,the video shows that the laser light does penetrate through the thumb. Not as a beam but diffused as expected.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

September 21, 2012, 06:03 AM

That’s right BSD. All you need to counter this argument is one 650nm, 5 mw diode. Hook it up to a battery and place it on your thumb. You’ll see the light some through to the other side of your thumb.

That’s quite a bit of tissue that was penetrated. Keep in mind it would be even easier for the same light to penetrate deep enough to hit the follicles which lie in the skin itself.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

September 21, 2012, 06:10 AM

dzine….I think I am pretty objective with what works for hair loss and what doesn’t. My friend I’m hear to say that I believe with every fiber of my being that lasers are an effective treatment for male pattern baldness.

I think we are also on the cusp of finding out that the wavelength used will also be an effective treatment for a whole range of medical conditions.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.