Maybe there’s something good about baldness?

Share/Bookmark

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

October 04, 2012, 03:25 PM

Men with shaved heads are perceived to be more masculine, dominant and, in some cases, to have greater leadership potential than those with longer locks or with thinning hair, according to a recent study out of the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/study-shows-baldness-can-be-a-business-advantage.html

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

October 04, 2012, 08:58 PM

Hi Dobika.

It certainly is a better time to be bald than it was when I was 20. That’s for sure. When I was 20, shaving your head was NOT AN OPTION!

But I think it does make you seem more confident, assertive and more masculine. It’s sort of like saying to the world…“I don’t give a shit”. That’s kind of a powerful statement.

IGNORE

Lapwing

RankRank

Total Posts: 253

# 2 ]

October 05, 2012, 12:23 AM

That is great if that is your type.  I never have identified with shaved head guys ever.  I always have identified with the longer hair types, such as the surfers, artists, and the rockers.  Plus I am not a business type.  However, I have some friends that wear the shaved bald head look and it looks great on them and they ended up with very attractive girlfriends. 

IGNORE

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 3 ]

October 05, 2012, 06:55 PM

You know what Lapwing, I say the same thing about other guy’s, “They don’t look bad” but I always think I look terrible and I don’t have the nerve or confidence to shave my head.  Zix, I wish I could be one of those guy’s who doesn’t give a shit but I do.  I can’t understand why it means so much to me but it does.  It’s getting a easier as I get older but at 52 i still care.  I can’t give up trying and to me shaving would be giving up.  Maybe it’s just that I can’t control it.  Most things in life, if you work hard, you can achieve your goal but with HL you can’t. I think I have a really distorted view of myself and HL and that’s why I posted this story. I think it shows that others may not have such a negative view of bald guy’s.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 4 ]

October 05, 2012, 09:07 PM

I agree Dobika and feel the very same way.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.