New power supply doesn’t work, is it screwed? Someone help, please.

Share/Bookmark

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

November 13, 2012, 03:09 AM

Hi guys,

like some others on this wonderful forum I decided to give the pulse drive the flick (well, put it aside for a while) and use a ‘normal’ power supply instead.

As I only had the pulse drive I ordered a new power supply, here are the specs:

7D8D6CE5-orig.jpg

I have connected it up as per OMG’s info here

So it then looked like this:

587A9228-orig.jpg

Please note that my power supply has only ports for +V +V, whereas the one pictured in the link has ports for -V +V.

Turned it on, and… nothing. Just the little green diode on the power supply (where it says V Adj) was on.

Thought that maybe I has connected the wires coming from the helmet the wrong way round (as both ports say +V) so turned them around, but still nothing, only the green diode.

I then, being paranoid, connected the pulse drive back up. Everything worked perfectly, all lasers on full beam.

Connected the cables back to the power supply like in the photo above, and nothing, this time even the green diode wouldn’t shine anymore.

What is going on?

Is anyone please able to help me?

Thanks,

hairmore

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 1 ]

November 13, 2012, 04:03 PM

hairmore,

How long had you been at it with the Pulse Drive and how long / how many times per week were you using it?  Had you started with constant wave (no pulse drive) LLLT before you switched to Pulse Drive?  What were your time frames and results with each?

I started LLLT for the first time roughly 3 months ago with the Pulse Drive.  I use it for 20 minutes every other day.  I am noticing positive results with the Pulse Drive so far, although nothing major since it is still too early.

However, right when I started LLLT , I noticed a couple really positive testimonials (almost complete regrowth) come in at this forum.  The users who reported these results all used constant wave LLLT.  Also, Zone recently reported that the laser diodes in our helmets self-regulate.  So, we are really only getting about half of the recommended joules to our scalps when using the Pulse Drive.  The off-set may be the fact that pulsing provides greater stimulation, so that half the recommended energy output (with Pulse Drive) may be sufficient and maybe even superior.  However, from what I’ve seen so far, this is only speculation.

Long story short:  In my mind,  I want to go with what has been proven to work.  This is constant wave LLLT, 3x per week @ 20 mins.  So far though, 20 mins EOD w/ Pulse Drive seems to be providing some positive results at 3 months use.

As I previously posted, I will give the Pulse Drive at least 6 months to provide concrete positive results.  If this does not happen, I will go to constant wave for a full 18 months and then re-evaluate.  Even if Pulse Drive does not provide significant results, I still think it may be key to combat acclimation for long term LLLT use.  Again, I do believe it has already benefited me at just over 3 months use…

I think we need to reinvigorate this forum and address these issues (pulse vs. non-pulse), as well as your question about the power supply you just purchased.  I believe LLLT is the most effective hair loss treatment and stimulation method currently available and do not want others to miss out on this just as much as I don’t want current users to be following the wrong protocol.

Cheers,
TG

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

# 2 ]

November 14, 2012, 02:54 AM

Hey Trueground,

I started LLLT directly on the Pulse Drive about 8 month ago and been at it 3 times a week as recommended.
I had about 3 weeks in total in that time where I’ve been away and couldn’t use the helmet.

Same as you, I have read all those testimonials and prefer to go with a method where people reportedly had success with.
I do appreciate all the work Zone has put into this and after all the PD might work better than constant wave, but for now I decided to leave that for others to find out… Or I might do a combination of both, a few month this, a few month that.

However:

I need to get this power supply working, or at least someone to confirm that it is screwed so I can get back to the retailer with confidence.

So if anyone has a similar looking power supply and could confirm the wiring for me that would be great.

I’m also confused by those +V +V ports as mentioned in the previous post and wonder if that has anything to with it?

I’d appreciate any input that others might have.

Thanks,

hairmore

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

# 3 ]

November 16, 2012, 07:10 AM

Well, I just solved my own problem.

I had another look at the product picture of the power supply I purchased.

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/205273293.html

Hover mouse over pic for zoom.

Noticed that the ports are marked -V -V +V +V. So that means, where mine are marked COM is actually -V. So I just connected the helmet to the left COM and the left +V, and the lasers light up beautifully.

I somehow assumed that you could connect the COM ports to some kind of electrical thingy to switch in on and off via software/Arduino/whatever. Obviously i was wrong there.

CASE CLOSED

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 4 ]

November 16, 2012, 02:11 PM

Sorry, I could have solved this problem in 10 seconds!  I’ll make an announcement that I’ve returned over the weekend.  Kept having issues.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 5 ]

November 16, 2012, 05:41 PM

OMG,

Great to hear you are back - we need to juice up this forum a bit!

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 6 ]

November 17, 2012, 11:03 AM

TrueGround - November 16, 2012, 05:41 PM

OMG,

Great to hear you are back - we need to juice up this forum a bit!

Ditto here!  I was beginning to get more than a little concerned…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.