almost back to the old!!

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

November 23, 2012, 07:14 PM

After one year with just the helmet, then one year on helmet and zix II, a had a terrible shed this august.. i saw no other way out than getting on minox again (did that few years back at a clinic). Since the start of september, lasering 2-3 times per week and minox morning+evening, almost everything I’ve lost since getting off the one year treatment at the laser clinic, is back!!

Took pictures just before starting minox but shaved afterwards, will post pics this christmas!

My question is now: If i continue laser+minox, how long can I expect this to keep working before it slowly starts declinig again? I’ve read 2-3 years, is this right??

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

November 23, 2012, 07:54 PM

Sounds like you went through a “synchronized shed” to me. If you got all your hair back in less than 3 months, the shed had nothing to do with MPB.

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 2 ]

November 24, 2012, 03:51 AM

The Zix Creator - November 23, 2012, 07:54 PM

Sounds like you went through a “synchronized shed” to me. If you got all your hair back in less than 3 months, the shed had nothing to do with MPB.

Ok, I explained the short version!

My hair has slowly been thinning since 19, and in 2009 when I was 28 I had reached the point where I needed to do something. Knowing nothiing better, I went one year to a clinic getting laser and minox, and wow… 8 months into the program I was back!! Of course… The autumn 2010, 2-3 months after I finished treatment It all was gone again but then I found this site and OMG’s laser helmet which I bought and thought would kick it! First year laser only, second year laser + zix II i was able to, in waves, have some of my hair back, but all In all it has slowly kept creeping up my forehead, and thinning in the crown area. This August I shaved, and started minox.

And it’s growing like crazy now… no, it’s not ALL back after 3 months, but it looks like it will be!!

So, back to my question…

How long can I expect the minox+laser to “peak”, and how long can it help me maintain my gain??

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

November 24, 2012, 05:10 PM

Hard to say because you are coming off of zix. Generally with minox results peak at 18 months. I’d feel better about your situation if you’d add the Hair Muck (in your zix kit) directly to your minox. 10mls to every fresh bottle. That way you are blocking DHT.

You have to remember that minox does nothing to stop the follicles from miniaturizing. I would also advise using a shampoo containing ketoconazole.

But hey…things are looking better so congratulations are in order here!

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 4 ]

November 24, 2012, 07:52 PM

The Zix Creator - November 24, 2012, 05:10 PM

Hard to say because you are coming off of zix. Generally with minox results peak at 18 months. I’d feel better about your situation if you’d add the Hair Muck (in your zix kit) directly to your minox. 10mls to every fresh bottle. That way you are blocking DHT.

You have to remember that minox does nothing to stop the follicles from miniaturizing. I would also advise using a shampoo containing ketoconazole.

But hey…things are looking better so congratulations are in order here!

Thanks!!

Actually, I am having hair muck in my minox, just forgot to write it!

I’m using revita shampoo also, been doing it for about 9 months.. haven’t checked for that ingredient, but i will! Or maybe you could mention a shampoo if there is a better one available? ..or does that break the forum rules??

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

November 24, 2012, 08:25 PM

Revita makes a shampoo with keto. Another one is Regenpure. Another is Nizoral. You’re suppose to use keto only twice per week but I use it everyday. Check the bottle though. They may have different shampoos with different ingredients.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 6 ]

November 25, 2012, 12:32 PM

Zix,

I know you personally use Regenepure, right?  Why do you like this shampoo over Revita?  Another thing, I’m not sure that Regenepure or Revita have Keto at 1% concentration, but I know Nizoral does.

Just food for thought..

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 7 ]

November 26, 2012, 07:45 AM

Regarding keto, I just read about the side effects which sounded a bit frightening, but it seemed to me these occur mainly when taken orally?

Another thing about minomuck.. is it enough to keep it in for 2 hours??

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 8 ]

November 26, 2012, 12:32 PM

What were the side effects you saw reported.  What was the source?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 9 ]

November 27, 2012, 03:35 AM

Never ran into anyone ever experiencing any systemic side effects from keto applied via shampoo. I feel it is very unlikely to happen. One negative about regenepure….it contains zinc. It is my belief that topical zinc will ruin the effects of minoxidil to a degree.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 10 ]

November 27, 2012, 06:59 PM

Do you know what else is brutal for your hair??  Almost dying from pancreas problems!  Ha ha ha!  I have a little nerve damage still in my hands and feet, so you can imagine that my OTHER extremity -my head- took a bad hit as well!  One could argue I had nerve damage up there to begin with, but that’s another argument! wink

It took most of this year for my hair to recover.  It did, but unfortunately this stuff NEVER is quick -and this is from someone that’s been using lasers for years now and consequently has good blood flow up there.

By the way -I’ll do a shampoo section soon.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 11 ]

November 27, 2012, 07:30 PM

Wow. I knew you were having problems but I didn’t realize it was that bad. Glad to hear you’re doing better.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.