This is really possible!! (with pic, update NOV 2013)

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

December 13, 2012, 06:12 AM

My hair has slowly been thinning since age 19-20, first years only in the forehead area. At 27 i had a major shed after a stressful period, and i started searching for help.

autumn 2009:

started one year treatment at a clinic, cost me aprox 5,000 USD: lasering 2 times a week first four months, then once a week the next four, then once a month the last four. Minox morning and evening every day, and some herbal supplement they gave me.

august 2010:

Finished treatment, my hear was thick and strong. Didn’t take long of course before it started receding, and i understood I needed a permanent regimen.

October 2010:

Got my laser helmet from OMG. Did laser 3 x 20 mins a week, and had some small improvements, but after a year and a terrible shed I needed something extra.

august 2011:

Added zix II and a shampoo (non keto) to my regimen. It looked as my hair got better at first, but in waves always followed by a shed. Bought a shampoo containing keto around Jan 2012, it helped a lot. However, living in Norway means I have to import this kind of shampoo, and I ran out of this keto-based around june 2012. Summer vacation meant a little less lasering and neglecting the zix.

August 2012:

Hair is thinner than ever, not looking good. I shave for the first time in my life. Thinking about giving up, but gathers courage for one last try investing in minox + hair much + one year supply of keto-shampoo. This is also my regimen today:

Laser 3 x 20 min p.w
minomuck morning+evening
keto shampoo
healthy lifestyle (very little meat, alcohol. Lot of training, vegetables++)

Took a picture of my crown area this august, and now yesterday.

*UPDATE NOVEMBER 2013*

As I wrote in the post longer down, i experienced a terrible shed in feburay/march/april.

This stopped, and the new pictures (the big ones) are taken this september, after hanging in there. I considered a shave again in fear, but glad i didn’t. Now you can see the thickness, even though I’ve gained some reasonable length.

You see my crown area still can get better, but I’ve also got this terrible whirl(the right word??) up there, which makes it look more “spread”. Considering the length of the hair, I am very happy. I haven’t been able to to this since summer 2010.

Image Attachments  hair.jpghair2.jpg2013-09-05_10.55.14.jpg2013-09-05_11.06.06.jpg2013-09-05_11.06.53.jpg

IGNORE

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 1 ]

December 13, 2012, 07:52 PM

It’s kind of hard to believe you’ve had such success in a 3 to 4 month period but good for you man. I’m impressed!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

December 14, 2012, 03:55 PM

Congrats on your success! It does feel good doesn’t it?

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 3 ]

December 18, 2012, 10:04 PM

where do you get the shampoo?

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 4 ]

December 18, 2012, 10:05 PM

where do you get the shampoo?

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 5 ]

December 24, 2012, 05:41 PM

Thanks everyone, YES it feels great!!

I’m home for christmas, and my mom just commented on my hair (she saw me last in early october), so this is really showing.

There’s a lot going on in my forehead region as well, will post pic later.

regarding shampoo, I think it’s against forum rules to point out a single one, but i just copy/paste the answer I got in another thread;

The Zix Creator - November 24, 2012, 08:25 PM

Revita makes a shampoo with keto. Another one is Regenpure. Another is Nizoral. You’re suppose to use keto only twice per week but I use it everyday. Check the bottle though. They may have different shampoos with different ingredients.

shampoo is essential, but think the minomuck is the big x-factor at least in my case.

Merry xmas!!

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 6 ]

December 29, 2012, 07:52 AM

I have just done 9 months lasering, use hairmuck once a day in minox and use Nizoral here and there as I don’t like the stripped dry condition it leaves my hair. No noticeable results so far.

IGNORE

KMD

Rank

Total Posts: 16

# 7 ]

January 04, 2013, 06:04 AM

Wow, congrats very impressive. Had your crown area been as thin as shown on the above photo for 30 months or more or was that the thinnest it has ever been I.e. do you think you achieved a fuller crown outside the 30 month window?  Did you have similar success with the temples (assuming they were also thinning)?

Ive read that the zinc content in regenepure can inhibit the proficiency of minoxidil….does Revita have zinc?  Do you know Where can I purchase revita online?

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 8 ]

February 06, 2013, 08:52 AM

Ok…

I’ve taken some new photos, these are from January 13th this year.

To answer the questions:

on the picture from August it shows my crown at the thinnest ever! When I first started treatment in 2009 it was far from that bad. When completing treatment in june 2010, I was like John Travolta in Pulp Fiction. Since august 2010 till august 2012 it gradually recided.

My temples are also looking gradually better, seems like the progress is pretty even all over.

The last two weeks I’ve had a terrible shed though, but I hope this is normal and a positive sign… Still, I feel pretty nervous right now (and I’m sure that doesn’t help). haha..

Image Attachments  hair2.jpg

IGNORE

KMD

Rank

Total Posts: 16

# 9 ]

February 06, 2013, 01:23 PM

Wow…those photos give me real hope.  What is mino-muck and where can I get it please?  Is your keto shampoo ‘Regenepure’? Congrats and I hope the shedding subsides and is a sign of more growth to come.

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 10 ]

February 10, 2013, 10:07 PM

My question is if at the clinic you were doing the sessions two times a week, then once a week, then once a month and had good results….why is it on this site it is 3 x’s a week forever?  if he were to go back to the clinic’s regime would he see better results w/o having to use the mino, shampoo, etc.?  I’m just curious why the clinic’s protocol is soooooo very different….once a month????

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 11 ]

February 11, 2013, 06:23 AM

I use Revita shampoo, but I guess regenepure is just as good. Hope i don’t break any forum rules now.

About the protocol for lasering I have no idea.. I sure wouldn’t mind lasering less, but for me there’s no logic in stepping down and maintaining results! That would be a good question for OMG????

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 12 ]

February 20, 2013, 04:51 AM

I have just got some Revita. It says that when washing with it you should use it twice each session. Do you do that ?

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 13 ]

February 21, 2013, 02:06 AM

marb - February 20, 2013, 04:51 AM

I have just got some Revita. It says that when washing with it you should use it twice each session. Do you do that ?

Yeah… First time leave it for 1-2 mins, rinse, and then leave it in for 3-5 mins!

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

# 14 ]

February 22, 2013, 08:11 AM

I can’t help wondering if this is a ploy to get you to use the product quicker so you will order more frequently. I have never heard of the need to shampoo twice, especially when it could be too much for your scalp. It’s a bit of an inconvenience to have to do it twice really.

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

# 15 ]

November 17, 2013, 04:09 PM

Update in the first post!!

IGNORE

sweetfights

Rank

Total Posts: 4

# 16 ]

November 18, 2013, 01:57 PM

nice work!!!!!
Congrats

IGNORE

sweetfights

Rank

# 17 ]

November 18, 2013, 01:58 PM

nice work!!!!!
Congrats

IGNORE

sweetfights

Rank

# 18 ]

November 18, 2013, 01:59 PM

nice work!!!!!
Congrats

IGNORE

sweetfights

Rank

# 19 ]

November 18, 2013, 01:59 PM

nice work!!!!!
Congrats

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.