Laser Study

Share/Bookmark

farewellorson

Rank

Total Posts: 2

December 14, 2012, 01:32 AM

At long last, I’m finally a registered member on this site!

For my first post, I wanted to set up an ongoing thread that I intend to update with pictures and such. Currently, I’m enrolled in a year long laser study that goes for twice a week at 20 minutes per session. I’m on no other medications, and no topical treatments at all. This is purely just laser.

I’ve only been lasering for about three weeks so far, so not much has changed; however I’d like to cautiously say that I think it has slightly improved the thickness of my existing hair and the color of it as well. I could be wrong, and I’ll have to wait longer to see if this is definitive, but this is just my first impression.

I’m not really noticing anything as far as regrowth, unfortunately. I do see some very thin wispy hairs in my temporal region, but rather than say that’s regrowth I’m keeping in consideration that it is further miniaturization of hairs (you always have to be careful not to mistake the two).

I will keep you updated with information in two month cycles, but I think I will hold off on pictures until the end of the year. I want to present all the information in one big lot rather than gradually.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

December 14, 2012, 03:53 PM

Hi farewellorson. Welcome to the forum!

I hope things go well for you.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 2 ]

December 14, 2012, 08:10 PM

Welcome!  Who is conducting the study in which you are enrolled?

IGNORE

Dobika

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 3 ]

December 16, 2012, 09:19 AM

Yes, welcome and good luck!  How old are you? When I was lasering I also noticed improvement in the health, manageability and texture of my existing hair right away. I starting getting some regrowth but it never amounted to much. I gave up using my helmet after a 1 1/2 years or so. I’m older so hopefully you do better.

IGNORE

farewellorson

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 4 ]

January 22, 2013, 09:10 PM

Hello all! I’m a bit past due for an update to the forums. Sorry, I’ve just been busy with other things lately. This will just be a quick update.

Not too long ago, I passed the two month mark for lasering. Since my first post, I don’t think I’ve seen much change as far as any regrowth/new growth. In fact, my temple area is still slightly receding. However, that may be because the lasers don’t quite reach my temples effectively because the way they/my head are positioned. So in that sense, I don’t discount the effectiveness of lasers for that.

What I will stick by and repeat though is that my hair feels great. It really does feel stronger and looks somewhat thicker as well. Again, these thin and wispy hairs that I saw in my first update have remained. I also am not noticing any further receding in my hair line.

Now realistically, this could be any one of a sort of things. It could be that my hairline has simply just naturally stabilized. It could also be that the lasering is actually helping slow down my loss, or has actually stopped it. I am doubtful that it has completely stopped the loss, as I still notice some hair (but very few compared to when I was not on the treatment). The explanation could also be less stress. Simply enrolling in the treatment and actively doing something about my hair loss has given me a huge sigh of relief, and taken my mind of hair loss dramatically. The truth is I may never know which it really is.

On another happy note, since I’ve started lasering I’ve also started to cut my hair shorter. In the past couple months of having a shorter hair cut I’ve gotten accustomed to the look, and even kind of accepting of it. This makes me think that I might actually be able to pull off being bald, or having a zero guard buzz, and be relatively okay with it. It’s not something I really fear that much anymore.

And also, considering the effects of LLLT (whether it is slowing or stabilizing, or both) I see a hair transplant a possibility. If LLLT is in fact stabilizing my hair and preventing more loss, then by the time I’m a candidate for transplantation, my surgery will truly only be very minimal, which is always a good thing.

Signing out now. I’ll be back in another couple months for another update. See you all then.

And to answer some of your questions: I’m in my early twenties, and Dr. Wasserbauer is conducting the study.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.