any women with hair loss have success with laser helmet?

Share/Bookmark

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

December 18, 2012, 10:00 PM

Hi I’m new to the site too.  I started making a laser helmet although so far it is not nearly as nice as the OMG version!  he makes it look very easy I just assume buy it from him but so far no luck in contacting him so I go on with my weird white misshapen helmet!

Anyways I was wondering if any gals out there could share their experience with the laser therapy…good and bad.  I’ve had thinning hair for at least 5 years now and i’m hoping the lasers will bring some of it back.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

December 18, 2012, 10:41 PM

Hi Krazy. Welcome to the forum. I’d just like to say that in my experience women respond better to treatment than men do. Typically female pattern loss does not involve total destruction of the follicle. Hence it is easier to treat. In general if something works for men then it will work even better for most women. Therefore you don’t really need testimonials from women to determine the efficacy of any particular regimen.

Best of luck.

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 2 ]

December 31, 2012, 12:12 PM

Hi there! I’m completely in agreement with the six creator - I have had great luck with the laser helmet. My hair was thinner as a result of chemotherapy, lack of estrogen post surgical menopause and general stress. Each hair was thinner and finer. Since starting to laser in April of 2009 my hair has been better, and better looking. Highly recommend it. Best of luck to you!

Hope

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

December 31, 2012, 06:07 PM

Congrats on your success gregsmom!

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 4 ]

January 02, 2013, 08:08 PM

gregsmom48, did you experience a heavy shed while doing the laser treatment?  I will be getting a helmet from OMG soon…very excited.  I’m hoping I don’t have a major shed. I actually just had one so i’m wondering if the I will keep these new hairs or if they will fall out once I start the treatment.  I started the 5% minoxidil at night vs always using 2% and also started taking vitamin D as I’m deficient. I’ve read that can also attribute to hair loss.  I would use 5% minox all the time but it makes my hair limp and greasy and irritates my scalp if I use it twice a day.  Once a day i’m assuming is why I’ve seen new sprouts and also why I had a shed.  thanks for you response I like to hear the positive stories!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.