Post Minox Eyebrow Loss

Share/Bookmark

sch89

Rank

Total Posts: 3

December 26, 2012, 03:28 AM

I quit minox back in May and went through the predictable shedding. I’m definitely past the worst of the shedding, but my hair does continue to get worse at a fairly rapid pace. I’ve been using a laser helmet for a few months, but the only noticeable result is a reduction in inflammation, which was significant for me. I’m planning to stick with the helmet for a long time.

During the peak of my shedding I also noticed that my eyebrows had started to shed rapidly. It may have slowed down…tough to tell with eyebrows, but I am still shedding at an unusual rate. They are now noticeably thinner to me. Has anyone else experienced this? I know that shedding eyebrows can be an indicator of a unhealthy thyroid, but the shedding really seems to coincide closely with quitting minox, and I have not had any other health issues.

Any advice?

Merry Christmas!

IGNORE

sch89

Rank

# 1 ]

January 04, 2013, 12:24 AM

No one?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

January 08, 2013, 04:44 PM

Hi Sch89. Welcome to the board. I’ll take a stab at this for what it’s worth. I don’t think losing your eyebrow hair has anything to do with stopping minox. But you can rule it out by applying a very tiny dose to your eyebrows and see if it helps. Since you are only using a fraction of the dose you were when you were applying it to your scalp there shouldn’t be any side effects.

You could also see a physician. Tell him about your eyebrows and he will do a simple blood test that will measure your thyroid levels.

Why did you stop using minox in the first place?

IGNORE

sch89

Rank

# 3 ]

January 14, 2013, 11:58 PM

I stopped using minox because of how I was shedding. I had the typical shed after starting, followed by about a month or two of amazing zero shedding. I didn’t notice any regrowth, and then all the sudden I started shedding again. I stuck it out for about a year total, but the shedding never stopped.

After quitting, I’ve had a pretty unbelievable level of shedding. I’m a diffuse thinner, and my hair is continually in the worst shape it’s ever been.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.