Combating Fin sides

Share/Bookmark

dlhair

Rank

Total Posts: 8

January 08, 2013, 01:20 AM

Hi everyone, happy new year!

Sorry for the barrage of posts but wanted to share info / ask q’s since finding this forum last year.

I took Fin several yrs back and quit ~a year later after getting some lovely sexual sides (reduced volume/sensitivity) which did NOT go away after stopping Fin several yrs.  About a yr ago I read about taking these in pill form to combat those sides, and they really did the trick for me:

Sensitivity:
- Soy Isoflavones 2x/day
- Green, White & Black Tea Complex 2x/day
Volume issue:
- Pumpkin Seed Oil 2x/day

(my source for these is in my Profile > Bio, but I imagine anywhere is fine)

Hope this helps someone -

DL

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

January 08, 2013, 04:47 PM

Hi Dlhair. Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your success. Yes fin is a nasty drug.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 2 ]

January 12, 2013, 02:13 PM

I take fin and would like to know what other substitute would be a good replacement that is natural. Afraid to stop because of fear of more hair loss. I only take the tab in 5th’s though.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

January 12, 2013, 02:29 PM

Hi marb. I don’t think it’s that simple. You could take substances like saw palmetto or beta sitosterol. There are probably numerous others as well. But the substance used to suppress DHT is irrelevant in my opinion. It is the action of reducing DHT that is the culprit therefore anything you take that is effective would risk the very same side effects both in the short term and in the long term. It is the altering of the hormone DHT that is responsible for the side effects. Anything you take to accomplish this wouldn’t really matter be it natural or unnatural.

I am certainly not a fan of finasteride. However it is standardized and reliable. The dose can be effectively titrated. However natural substances can vary in potency from supplier to supplier.

Best to figure out how to get off it completely. That’s why I favor a topical approach to combat androgens. That way we can target the follicles and lower the amount of systemic absorption that occurs thereby eliminating side effects.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 4 ]

January 12, 2013, 03:29 PM

But doesn’t DHT come through the blood vessels and not produced in the scalp ? How would topicals stop it if it’s already in the blood ?

I recently went for a scan as I have been having testicular pain for some time on and off. Turned out to be varicose veins which is common in males. The doc said it is a cyst and nothing to worry about.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

January 12, 2013, 03:40 PM

The enzyme 5α-reductase synthesizes DHT in the prostate, testes, hair follicles, and adrenal glands. So the damage no doubt comes from the blood and the follicle itself.

How would topicals stop it if it’s already in the blood ?

Good question. I believe we can not only block the production of DHT through topicals but also block the uptake of DHT at the receptor sites.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 6 ]

January 17, 2013, 02:43 AM

One answer that I feel is often never mentioned in this discussion is weightlifting. For me personally, I believe it is the single most important reason as to why I have not experienced any side effects while on the drug.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.