So whats the complete deal? LLLT + ?

Share/Bookmark

Pleytos

Rank

Total Posts: 2

January 10, 2013, 04:06 PM

Hello there!

I just recently started with LLLT (1 month now).

I am using my helmet 3 times a week for 15-17 minutes. Try to use clay some time and oil for my scalp. But every time I do so I tend to see a lot of hair in my sink, so I would like to ask for tips. So how do you do it? Do you only use it on you hair or also on your scalp?

Currently I am using this shampoo: http://www.chagrinvalleysoapandsalve.com/products/0/48/for-the-hair
Do you guys consider that any good or should I change?

So basically what I am asking is this: What product do you use besides your LLLT helmet?

So is:
- a good shampoo
- a LLLT helmet (3 times a week 15 min)
- clay
- oil
Enough to stop your hair loss or is there more to it?

Thanks!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

January 10, 2013, 06:29 PM

Hi Pleytos. Welcome to the forum.

I think a good regimen starts with a good shampoo because it is something relatively easy to remain in long term compliance with. In other words it is easy to stick to over the long run. In my opinion the best are shampoos that contain ketoconazole.

Then a good topical would also be helpful. However you should know I have a vested interest here. I sell products in this area. You could start be reading this:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-productreviews/superzix_ii_a_homemade_topical_that_can_compete_with_the_big_boys

I’m sure others will come along and offer their opinions. I hope this was of some help to you.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 2 ]

January 10, 2013, 09:40 PM

The Zix Creator brings up compliance a lot and I think he’s right in doing so.  You can theoretically try millions of different supplement/topical combinations.  However, narrowing down to a fairly simple and affordable regimen and remaining compliant with it for life is going to be the key to halting and hopefully reversing hair loss.  Of course you can make tweaks to your regiment along the way, but I think you need to eventually arrive at a combination you will stick to for life.

To be more specific to your question, I think any viable regimen should include the following:

1. Good shampoo with Keto (check out Regenepure and Revita, I cycle both)
2. Supplements (primarily potent and proven antioxidants)
3. Clean and organic-as-possible diet (including quality drinking water), ultimately looking for good nutrition
4. A topical with a track record (Eg. Super Zix II)
5. LASERS!

I think there are many other things to address as well in a regimen, such as heavy metal detox, healthy exercise, stress reduction etc..but the above should be core to a hair regrowth/maintenance approach IMO.

P.S.

Zix,

I just ordered my first batch of Super Zix II and am very much looking forward to it.  I’m going to go strong and consistent with it for a solid year and will make evalautions/give feedback then!

Cheers,
TG

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 3 ]

January 12, 2013, 02:09 PM

I have been using lasers for 10 months for around 20 mins 3 times a week (not sure where you got the 15-17 mins figure from). On and off I have been using clay but it’s not always convenient. I take supplements such as Omega 3, garlic oil, saw palmetto, ginko and ginseng. I use hairmuck in minoxidil every evening (stopped using it in the day as it makes my hair pretty horrible)

So far I have not seen any re-growth but it’s strange that parts of the year I can look at my hair and think its thicker and looking good. Others, I feel it’s thinner and I am shedding (this is more recent)

I of course will continue with the laser treatment as I understand it can take longer to kick in and I am sure it can’t do any harm. This time last yer my hair was in much better shape so I am not sure what is going on.

I started using Nizoral a year ago but I must admit I don’t like the way it leaves my hair when dry so I only use it from time to time. I use another herbal shampoo that leaves the hair in much better condition rather than dry like Nizoral does.

If anyone can recommend a better shampoo that contains ketoconazole and keeps the hair nice I will be grateful.

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 4 ]

January 13, 2013, 08:28 AM

I just got a helmet from OMG, haven’t used it yet because I had to order some additional items.  His suggested regimen was using polysorbate 80 mixed with EtOH then wash to remove sebum.  Add niacin mixed with water then add some emu oil to help it all soak into the scalp.  laser helmet for 20 minutes 3x’s a week.  it will be a while before I can comment but eventually I will comment.  i’m excited and hopeful to see some more sprouts!

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 5 ]

January 13, 2013, 08:28 AM

I just got a helmet from OMG, haven’t used it yet because I had to order some additional items.  His suggested regimen was using polysorbate 80 mixed with EtOH then wash to remove sebum.  Add niacin mixed with water then add some emu oil to help it all soak into the scalp.  laser helmet for 20 minutes 3x’s a week.  it will be a while before I can comment but eventually I will comment.  i’m excited and hopeful to see some more sprouts!

IGNORE

Pleytos

Rank

Total Posts: 2

# 6 ]

January 16, 2013, 05:27 PM

Thanks everybody for your reply!

@ The Zix Creator
I read about Super Zix II before, looks good. Impressive work that you searched it all up. But there is no way to buy this pre made? I’m asking because this regime is getting pretty complicated and time consuming, and it feels like it goes above my knowledge sometimes.

@Trueground
Thanks for the list, that really helps me to understand things more!

“Supplements (primarily potent and proven antioxidants)”
anything to look for in particular? Could you tell me what brand you use?

Clean and organic-as-possible diet
Oh boy! Because of my digestion problems I’ve already tried a lot of diets, fiber - SCdiet - GAPS. The last one especially recommends red meat a lot! That’s not what is recommend here on this forum - at least that’s what I’ve read on this forum, and that is probably what you mean as well? Can you be a bit more specific? Thanks!

I got the 15/17min figure from the overmachogrande site, It said somewhere that is was best to start with 15 minutes, and if you had no result up it to 17 or 20 minutes. So I just chose the way in the middle.

By the way is “ketoconazole” also something you can add yourself to your shampoo, or would that be hard/not useful? I really like my current shampoo actually.

What would you guys recommend about going bald for a while? I am thinking about it, because of:
- I am losing a lot of hair while putting up oil / clay and washing it out. I hope it will slow down the hair loss while I can tread my scalp perfectly.
- I have a stressful time at the moment I have a Seborrhoeic dermatitis I think it will be able to cure better.
- Does LLLT work better/worse without hair?

Last question: Can anybody recommend a place to buy a good pre made clay?

Thanks!

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 7 ]

January 17, 2013, 10:28 AM

If you do thorough research, you’ll see a lot of commonalities, in regards to the antioxidant supplements people take for hair loss.  I think the most effective are:

-Ecklonia Cava Extract (hairevo.com)
-Curcumin/Resveratrol Combo (hairevo.com or lef.org or iherb.com)
-Vitamin E Tocotrienols (http://www.iherb.com/Jarrow-Formulas-Toco-Sorb-Mixed-Tocotrienols-and-Vitamin-E-60-Softgels/137)

In regards to the clean/organic diet comment, I largely do it to avoid as much food treatment as possible.  Including chemicals, GMO and even pasteurization etc.  If you feel that your digestive system is in order, then I think the perfect health diet (http://perfecthealthdiet.com/) is the way to go.  In a nut shell, it’s gluten free and high in healthy fats.  It is not a Nazi approach to your sugar intake either.

Hope this helps and good luck,
TG

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.