Power Supplies

Share/Bookmark

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

January 18, 2013, 09:02 PM

What can anybody recommend to me for a power supply for a 350-400 diode helmet?  I’m just wondering if there is anything out there that is really easy to rig up.  It’s been a while since the power supply subject has come up and I’m just wondering if anything has changed in regards to hookups and technology, although I’m sure not much has..

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks!

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 1 ]

January 20, 2013, 06:42 AM

Sorry mate, was meant to reply to your thread, but have done that now in the ‘attention successful member’ thread.

IGNORE

dlhair

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 2 ]

January 22, 2013, 09:33 PM

I used trcelectronics.com based on OMG’s mentioning them here.  They have great prices/selection.  The trick is that you have to make them think you’re a business:

“TRC Electronics is a Business to Business sales company. We sell to OEMs and CMs. Our wholesale prices do not permit us to sell to consumers or end-users. We lend our power supply expertise to Electronic Manufacturers only.”

So make up something and have them ship to your work addy smile

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

January 23, 2013, 02:21 PM

You can tell them your company is First Coast Innovation, Inc. if you have to!  That’s my official corporation.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 4 ]

April 27, 2013, 10:16 AM

So..

I just received my standard power supply from AixiZ and was assuming it would come with a cord to plug into a standard U.S. electrical outlet but it did not.  Where do I find the appropriate cable to supply power to this device from my wall?

It’s a 3.3V 20amp Industrial Power Transformer from AixiZ.

Thanks all,
TG

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

April 27, 2013, 10:32 AM

Lowes or Home Depot!  What you want is a replacement power chord, and they are located next to extension cords in aisle 7.  Nah I’m kidding about the aisle number.

Get a three prong one with the black, white, and green wigglers hanging out of them.  This is the cheapest you will probably be able to do:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-8-ft-16-3-Power-Tool-Cord-AW62631/100661442#.UXvuKb7D_4Y

f634df48-53d2-4767-8198-57d7db4045a4_300.jpg

Now, those are geared towards things like circular saws that need a ton of amps, so ignore the amp rating on them!  There is a difference between input and output amps—circular saws, etc need a lot of input, so that’s why these are really thick 16 gauge wire and have a high amp rating (I think 15 amps).

A laser helmet takes 10-15 OUTPUT amps from the power supply, but you need only a tiny bit of amps from the wall—less than one.  [This gets into the nature of AC and DC currents, and there is something about Edison shocking an elephant to death to prove a point, but I’m a little foggy on the details.]

So, technically, if they had a chord with three prongs that was only rated for an amp, it’d be fine—but they don’t sell those!  The market is for people that cut off the cords with a weed wacker or a saw.  Just get the “16/3”.

I used those almost exclusively for years, by the way, so chances are if someone has a laser helmet over a year and half old, they have one of those.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 6 ]

April 27, 2013, 12:50 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, OMG!

Now, my power supply also has a yellow sticker on top that says I can switch AC input to either 100 or 220 volts.  Should I mess with this at all or leave as is?  I’m in the U.S. and the power cable I just bought says its 125V.

It looks like I’d need to stick a screw driver inside the unit to hit this switch..

Glad to see you back and doing well!

-TG

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 7 ]

April 27, 2013, 05:16 PM

Also, how in the hell am I supposed to tell which output port is negative when both of these are marked “V+” ??

Image Attachments  power_supply.jpg

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 8 ]

April 28, 2013, 11:47 AM

Hey, TrueGroud!

Make sure it’s at the 100 end of the switch!  I thought the sticker said 110 (and I’m on the porch answering email so I can’t check—and I think it’s funny that I’ve seen a thousand of these and I can’t remember), but either way… 100 or 110!

This picture will help you with your other question:

power-supply-wires.jpg

Both DO NOT go into the V+!  The black goes into either one of the ones marked “G”.  To confuse things for anyone else looking at this, that “G” could actually be labeled “V-”,  “N”, “COMM “, or a couple of other things!  Ha ha!  Just remember that the three on the left are for the wall cord, and it goes black/white/green, and then there are two in the middle—either one of those is for the black wire.  The two on the right are almost always “V+” (I don’t think I’ve ever seen it labeled anything else), and the white wire goes into either one of those!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 9 ]

April 28, 2013, 12:40 PM

Thanks, OMG!

The sticker does say 110.  My fault..

I’m going to get everything rigged up tonight and do a 20 minute session.  Will let everybody know if I feel any difference in stimulation between the conventional power supply and the Pulse Drive.  I don’t think anybody has really commented/compared, so I’ll post an update.

-TG

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.