ATTENTION: SUCCESSFUL MEMBERS

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

January 19, 2013, 12:21 PM

I’m reaching out to any and all members from this community that have experienced some level of success with a regimen.  Here is my story; I’m 32 with diffuse hairloss spread over the entire scalp in a pretty even pattern..I’ve been experiencing hairloss since the age of 19-20.  I went the minoxidil route first experiencing very harsh scalp irritations..I quickly ceased tgis treatment and visited a dern. Unfortunately, I found that they know little more than Nizoral and finasteride. I tried finasteride on and off for several years but failed to notice much in terms of results..I’m proud to say that i own an Omg laser helmet, but Ive struggled greatly with compliance…Here is my situation…I’m getting married in mid October…I’d like to look my best possible meaning a solid gym routine and hairloss regimen…I know 8.5 months isn’t much time and I’m extremely realistic with my expectations…Id like my hair to be stronger and maybe look a bit better…I’m attempting to utilize this wedding as a source of motivation to inspire better compliance…I plan to create a solid regimen and workout routine…In terms of workout, 3-4 days per week of weight training with no harmful supplements. The goal is not bodybuilding per se, just 10-15 lbs of lean muscle…I plan to implement a solid protein rich diet packed with veggies…Its funny because you think you want the hair to meet the girl…You meet the girl and find that you want to look your best with her…I guess one problem solved and on to the next. Anyway, time is of the essence and I started my process here looking for some advice from you all…This is my first step…

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

Total Posts: 72

# 1 ]

January 19, 2013, 04:25 PM

Hi Friend

I can only comment on my own experience..I,ve been balding since 22, which left me a with a bald spot on my crown about 2 inches (monk style!!) and slight receding on temples and I’m now 41 and been using my laser helmet for over 2 yrs now, and since using my helmet I,ve had some new hairs on temples.. My crown area has remained mainly the same..“But” the hair I have now is by Far healthier, thicker and darker (yes, I was greying) but now my hair is much darker and I have No grey where the lasers shine..

I believe that if I,d not bothered with a helmet I,d be even more bald by now,  and more grey too..  I would say that I have stopped my balding now.. And its a big comfort knowing that hopefully I won’t lose anymore. 

You have to be regular and consistent with your helmet though.  I had 7 months where I was dealing with personal stuff and was lucky if I used the helmet once a week and my Hair suffered..  I’ve tried lots of product, shampoos minox (yuk).  But everything kinda got too much so I dropped everything and now just use Mag oil brine that All.. I leave it in 30 mins before I shampoo then laser helmet..I,ve been using the mag oil for about a month and have noticed softning of the scalp and I would say that my hair has a bit more body to it

I know i won’t get back all the hair I lost because of the “30 month window” which I hope will be figured out one day..
I,d advise you from own experience to keep a proper schedule with you laser times, for me that’s been the key…

May zix or nid might be able to advise you too?
I would say you could get some hair volume back in 8 months and maybe some regrowth too,
Hope this helps..

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 2 ]

January 19, 2013, 05:14 PM

Hey neutron

I’m in a similar position, 33 and even, diffuse thinning all over the scalp.
I’ve done a few things here and there over the years without much success, minox, etc.

I’ve used a helmet for a year now, pretty compliant, on the pulse drive, but recently switched to a normal power supply.

My hair looks pretty good at the moments, but not sure if it’s the laser. Mainly I think it’s a new hair cut, where basically my hair goes sort of sideways, which makes it seem much thicker.

I’m also using a thickening conditioner which really works for me, it’s from organic avalon and cheap as chips on iherb. I’ve sort of skipped the complementing shampoo as it didn’t have the desired effect, but the conditioner is tops. I’m actually only using Shampoo twice a week or so now, wash it everyday with heaps of water, then condition.

I’ve also started brushing my scalp intensely each day to increase blood circulation to the papilla,and since lost heaps of small hair which i hope will eventually come back.

Overall i’ve lost heaps of hair since starting laser a year ago (not contributing this to lasering, it’s just a time frame) but my hair looks much better than before. My wife comments on it all the time.

If money was no issue i would spend 3.5 to 5 grand on a Dr. Hitzigs Acell and PRP injections which SEEM to give alright results.

Hope that helps,

Cheers
hairmore

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

# 3 ]

January 19, 2013, 05:57 PM

That’s something I been researching too, there’s been some good reading on the subject but I,ve also read some negative things about Acell Prp results from people who have had the procedure.  think I,d be more inclined to something similar to omg,s hair transplant if money was no object… And you would have your helmet all ready for the post opp treatment..

Just my 2 cents tho

Hey Hairmore,  can I ask why you,ve switched back to the normal Power unit? Not meaning to hijack this thread, just kinda interested in what you think of both Power units?

Thanks

A1pup

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 4 ]

January 19, 2013, 10:58 PM

Hairmore,

Can you direct me to where you got your power supply from?

A1pup,

He’s probably wanting to get back to the recommended amount of energy (joules/cm^2) being delivered to the scalp.  The Pulse Drive only delivers half of the recommended energy per 20 minute session.  However, since it is pulsed wave and not constant, the added stimulation may make up for the lack of overall energy being delivered.

Of course I’m speaking for A1 here, but I’m personally getting a standard power supply in the near future in order to get to that recommended amount of energy.  I’m then going to use the Pulse Drive intermittently in order to combat acclimation in the long run.  I will say though, while not certain, that I seem to be having indication of good results so far with the Pulse Drive, in only roughly 4 months of treatment.

I’m mainly looking to get a regular power supply pretty soon just so I can at least compare the difference I may feel in stimulation.  But with the way things are going, I might just stick with the Pulse Drive as core treatment, depending on progress.

Ultimately, I think we need to start drawing a lot more attention to proper energy dosing with the Pulse Drive.  I am currently using it every other day, in order to compensate for lack of total energy being delivered to the scalp.

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

# 5 ]

January 20, 2013, 05:59 AM

Trueground..

Thanks for the info on the power supplies..

Neutron..

What sort of coverage do you have with your helmet? How many diodes do you have?  Are you running a pulse drive?

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 6 ]

January 20, 2013, 06:39 AM

TrueGround - January 19, 2013, 10:58 PM

Hairmore,

Can you direct me to where you got your power supply from?

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/205273293.html

But I can’t say I’m 100% happy with it. Since using it some of the diodes don’t seem to work properly. I’ve emailed OMG about it but haven’t heard back. Not sure if it’s the power supply or the diodes or what.

Aixis sell a 20Amp one here and also a 50Amp on the site. Shipping to Australia was too expensive though, that’s why I went with the chinese vendor.

And you’re right about the switch from Pulse Drive, that’s exactly why. Can’t tell a difference to be honest, but then I think i never really felt ‘the pump’. If I feel it then more with the power supply, but I might be imagining things that aren’t there.

A1pup, in case you’re interested, i’m running 446 diodes on mine.

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

# 7 ]

January 20, 2013, 07:32 AM

Neutron,    I,d start with the helmet consistency.  Its got to be 3 x week !  That “30 month windows” closing in all the time,
Just give it 3 months of strict helmet use and you might be surprised mate..

Start Today Friend.. and try not to get disheartened..

A1pup

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 8 ]

January 20, 2013, 08:59 AM

Hello Friends,

Thanks for all of the interesting feedback…Im looking to start the laser treatment back up tonight.  Initially, I stuck it out for five months and at month 2 I seemed to stop losing hair completely for two weeks…That subsided and things went back to normal shedding….I really do not feel five months gave much of an example…I have four hundred diodes to include some of the side scalp…I would like even more but I have decent coverage…I have the standard power supply…Also, I have the supplies to make zix II but I never consistently did that either…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 9 ]

January 20, 2013, 10:07 AM

Hairmore,

Thanks man.  I think I’m going to go with the power supply from AixiZ

Neutron,

I don’t mean any offense by this at all but if you are are not going to stay consistent and completely dedicated to any of the treatments you employ, you will very likely be doing nothing but wasting your money.  I’m sure we are all guilty of trying something for a month or less and just dropping it because we are not getting results.  If nothing else, I would say laser therapy, a good topical and clean diet need to be core and completely adhered to.  Otherwise, you are likely going to drastically cut your chances of success in battling hair loss.

FWIW, I know you tried laser therapy for 5 months straight.  However, I’ve seen several success stories that note there isn’t much cosmetic regrowth until 12-18 months of use.

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 10 ]

January 20, 2013, 03:47 PM

Trueground,

None taken and your absolutely right…Without good compliance what is the point…I feel like the simpler I keep things the better the outcome.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 11 ]

January 20, 2013, 03:51 PM

Just a general comment and most of you guys have heard me say all this before. If I were 20 and starting to lose my hair I would go with the following regimen.

Laser Helmet
Super Zix II or Minoxidil with Hair Muck added.
Nizoral shampoo as many times a week as my scalp could tolerate it.
A good nutritional supplement regimen like Nid and immortal recommend.
Aerobic exercise preferable in sunlight 4-5 times a week.
Weight training 1-2 times a week.
Eating well.

Unfortunately almost no one would ever stick with a routine like this over the long run. But if we could we would more than likely remain vibrant and handsome longer than just about anyone else in our age group. We would also have unstoppable energy and vitality.

At age 53 it seems to me if we really want to be happy we have to spend a great deal of time over the course of a week doing things we don’t like to do!

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 12 ]

January 21, 2013, 01:48 PM

The Zix Creator - January 20, 2013, 03:51 PM

At age 53 it seems to me if we really want to be happy we have to spend a great deal of time over the course of a week doing things we don’t like to do!

It’s amazing how life is like that in general.  So much time is spent on things you don’t like to do, but is necessary to achieve a desired result (money, health etc.)!

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

# 13 ]

January 21, 2013, 05:05 PM

Zix….

Your regimen above is actually very similar to what I’m trying to do now…My biggest compliance issue is probably the comfort of my helmet.  Since I have alot of diodes the helmet is heavy and tough to adjust…Im wondering if the next generation of helmets will be made with more comfort in mind….I love the feeling of heat on my scalp and especially after a shower. Unfortunately, the. helmet is often very uncomfortable…I often find that if you hold it in place things are better…But I know if the helmet fit with more ease I would most likely be much more compliant…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

# 14 ]

January 21, 2013, 11:29 PM

I wouldn’t count on a next gen helmet as I feel it’s designed about as good as it can be.  The only thing I might expect in the future is something to cover the side of the head as well.  The problem with the number of diodes in a typical laser messiah (I’m guessing an average of 200+) is always going to be the weight.  However, being able to load the helmet up with diodes is also the primary strength of these helmets.  More diodes = more coverage and I believe that’s exactly what OMG was shooting for in designing these.  How many diodes do you have in your helmet?  I have 350 in mine and find it manageable.  Sure, it gets a little uncomfortable at times but I think its worth it and not all that bad to “suffer” through for just 20 minutes.

You could always build yourself a stand or some contraption that suspends the helmet in air, if the weight of the helmet is really the big thing keep you from being compliant.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 15 ]

January 22, 2013, 03:07 AM

Well I only have my 50 diodes on a microphone stand hovering above my head in 3 places which takes an hour. Inconvenient but I have so far done it for over 10 months with the exception of only managing last week to do 2 sessions.

I agree with the Zix creator, the more complex the regime the harder it is to stick to it. I had a transplant 5 and a half years ago but my crown is my concern as I didn’t have any hair grafted there. Its quite diffuse (my 68 year old Dad’s is too but his never really seemed to get much worse in nearly 20 odd years and he doesn’t bother with anything) I am taking sea kelp which will help hair as well as final rinsing hair after washing in cold water. Wrapping with a towel and hanging off the bed with head at lowest point while massaging. You really feel a warmth in the scalp which lasts a while. I read this in a book years ago for dealing with hairloss naturally. If I can, I always laser when hair has conditioner as the light passes better through skin when wet. (I always tan better when I have moisturizer on)

So far the jury is out as to weather the laser is working but one thing for sure, I am certainly not going to stop using it.

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 16 ]

April 06, 2013, 08:50 PM

Just a general comment and most of you guys have heard me say all this before. If I were 20 and starting to lose my hair I would go with the following regimen.

Laser Helmet
Eating well.

Unfortunately almost no one would ever stick with a routine like this over the long run. But if we could we would more than likely remain vibrant and handsome longer than just about anyone else in our age group. We would also have unstoppable energy and vitality.

Zix - if that was all I had to do I’d be happy!!!

Great post…

M

IGNORE

Mastery

RankRank

Total Posts: 234

# 17 ]

April 06, 2013, 08:50 PM

Laser Helmet
Eating well.

Zix - if that was all I had to do I’d be happy!!!

Great post…

M

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.