Helmet plugs extremely hot?

Share/Bookmark

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

February 04, 2013, 11:13 AM

Hello everyone…I just noticed that prior to using my helmet for the full 20 minutes, the plug that connects my power supply to the helmet is extremely hot…Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 1 ]

February 06, 2013, 06:44 AM

I’ve had the same problem for over a year, It’s just because of bad connection I think.

If OMG reads this, I really hope you can find a better kind of plug to connect the PS & Helmet, because this is very irritating.

I don’t know if it’s a related issue, but my helmet is also very hot, almost grilled after 20 mins!

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 2 ]

February 08, 2013, 06:01 AM

Hey guys,

this is caused by loose screws on the plug - give them a tighten with a small flat blade screwdriver and your good to go.

Cheers,
Zone

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 3 ]

February 13, 2013, 11:20 PM

it may be more than a loose screw at this point for your helmet.  I could see sparks and the copper wire sizzling on my helmet where the green connector is.  the wire was also very hot.  I cut the plastic sheath away, trimmed the wire as it was frayed and sizzled, and reinserted into the green connector and really tightened the screw.  it is now working and the cable from the power supply to the helmet is not hot.  you must have a loose connection which is causing the heat.  better fix it before it sizzles!

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 4 ]

February 13, 2013, 11:20 PM

it may be more than a loose screw at this point for your helmet.  I could see sparks and the copper wire sizzling on my helmet where the green connector is.  the wire was also very hot.  I cut the plastic sheath away, trimmed the wire as it was frayed and sizzled, and reinserted into the green connector and really tightened the screw.  it is now working and the cable from the power supply to the helmet is not hot.  you must have a loose connection which is causing the heat.  better fix it before it sizzles!

IGNORE

BSD

Rank

Total Posts: 17

# 5 ]

February 14, 2013, 03:56 AM

This exact thing also happened with my helmet. It was getting so hot that it melted the plastic a little. I cut the wires, restripped them, and very carefully put them back in. It is very important that you have the proper tiny flat head screw driver, to tighten them back in. After I did this problem was solved.

IGNORE

Tara

Rank

Total Posts: 1

# 6 ]

March 30, 2013, 04:44 PM

This happened to me. I was using the helmet for a couple of months, everything was fine.

Then I noticed one of the wires starting to get really hot.

I smelled burning plastic, and then the helmet completely shut off.

I had my boyfriend fix it by stripping the wires and reconnecting them to the power supply and making sure the connection was neat with no frayed copper wires sticking out.

However, this fix only worked for two more sessions.

Now my helmet is back to smelling like burning plastic with all of the wires connected to the power supply properly. It seems like now it’s the connection to the helmet itself.

I’ve contacted John about this over a month ago but he hasn’t responded with instructions on how to fix it. :(

I really want my helmet to work but I don’t want to use it in this state as it’s dangerous for both myself AND the helmet.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? I’m desperate. My head itches and burns when I don’t do LLLT

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 7 ]

March 30, 2013, 04:49 PM

you probably need to restrip the connection to the helmet like you did for the power supply.  that is where my issue was.

IGNORE

Zone

RankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 107

# 8 ]

March 30, 2013, 05:17 PM

Hey Tara,

The plug heating is caused by loose screws on the plug that goes into the front of the PulseDrive – make sure those screws are tight and it should be fine.

In over twelve months use I have only had to tighten mine once. But the key is that they do need to be TIGHT.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.