I’m Shedding; General info wanted!!

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

February 06, 2013, 08:59 AM

Hello!

I’ve written a number of other recent posts that shows my progress, which has been very good.

However, I am now experiencing my first big shed since starting mino-muck (it’s been 6 months).

In short, I’ve had GREAT regrowth, but have been shedding for almost two weeks and I am starting to feel nervous that it all will fade.

Can anyone tell me how often, how long, and so forth?!?!

Would be great help!! Thanks everbody!! smile

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

February 06, 2013, 04:37 PM

This is where many people quit a regimen even though it has been working. Sheds are usually good. The revived follicles are going into a resting stage. When they start growing again they will produce a thicker hair and have an extended growth cycle.

In a sense you have probably intervened and interrupted the natural growth/resting cycles. As a result you are seeing more follicles going into a resting phase than under normal conditions. You have to take the psychological factor out of the equation. Stick with it.

Also calm down because stressing about it can make the condition worse. It will cause SAAB.

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 2 ]

February 27, 2013, 08:23 AM

Thanks Zix!!

I see a lot of new hairs in my temples, but I am not sure about my crown!

Anyway.. still shedding, It’s been like 6 weeks now and It is starting to show on top.. How long can expect this to hold on?

Not that stressed any longer, but I’m considering a short haircut if it gets any more visible.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

February 27, 2013, 07:45 PM

Hi Ericko. I know sheds are distressing. In fact I used to torture myself over just such a thing. How long will it continue? You’re asking a question that really know one can answer because we have no way of knowing exactly why you are having a shed. Are you shedding because of treatment? Are you shedding because of the changing of the season? Are you shedding because, inspite of treatment, male pattern baldness is still overcoming the treatment? Are you really shedding as much as you think or are you merely noticing it more?

Here’s how I look at things. Maybe this will help.

In life we should only worry about the things we can control. Worrying about the things we have no control over is a pointless endeavor. You’ve researched a treatment regimen. You’ve put it into place. So there’s nothing more to do. Continue with your regimen and try to develop a mindset where you don’t care too much one way or the other…..Now I know this is not an easy thing to do. But you still should try to do it anyway.

In my experience hair tends to get thincker when we do our treatments and forget about the view in the mirror.

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 4 ]

March 11, 2013, 02:08 PM

I had a shed about 5 weeks ago which stopped (phew) Just done a year with lasers. I just started using Revita and another shed :-(

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.