Would adding electrical stimulation to a laser messiah regimen be overkill?

Share/Bookmark

cylonjim

Rank

Total Posts: 10

March 10, 2013, 11:56 PM

Hello forum members.

I bought a laser messiah and am on the recommended regimen (3X per week, 20 mins per session).

I am also intrigued by the results some claim to have achieved through electrical stimulation from a violet ray wand.

I know that the aforementioned laser messiah regimen is prescribed because more frequent and/or use longer use might cause overstimulation and render the regimen ineffective.

Would adding the use of a violet wand to the regimen also cause overstimulation or is the “biomechanism” (for lack of a better term) differentiated enough from laser therapy that adding it would not screw up the effectiveness of the laser messiah regimen?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

IGNORE

Duketronix

Rank

# 1 ]

March 27, 2013, 12:59 PM

so far as I understand it they actually work in very different ways and will probably complement each other.  The violet ray raises cell voltage but can use up a lot of aTP and the lasers actually increase ATP.  I don’t think you would get any over-stimulation since they work in quite different ways. 

FWIW I find the 3x20 minutes to be too much and I always remove my helmet before my scalp gets to any “burned” feeling state.  It’s hard to explain but others have experienced it too.  I get a pulsing pump that is good but if I go for the full 20 it is too much and my hair quality actually gets worse.  I stick to about 13-15 minutes per session.  I think it is important to not just blindly do what others say and to listen your own biological responses.

IGNORE

cylonjim

Rank

# 2 ]

March 27, 2013, 02:59 PM

Interesting.  Thanks for your reply.  Perhaps I may try both the violet ray on an isolated area to test.

I agree on listening to the body.  I have not detected any issues with 20 minute sessions under the laser messiah thus far.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.