Stop Minoxidil during laser messiah treatment?

Share/Bookmark

cylonjim

Rank

Total Posts: 10

March 20, 2013, 10:31 AM

Is my understanding correct after browsing the forum that it is recommended to stop using Minoxidil during laser messiah treatment, because 1) it can have some type of counter-effect on the laser treatment itself and 2) independent of laser treatment, any gains from Minoxidil are typically not retained long term and shed any way?

Thanks.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 1 ]

March 20, 2013, 07:39 PM

No, that is not my understanding.  I know that OMG is not a fan of Minoxidil (to say the least!), as he believes that it can negatively effect some users.  That is not, however, the same as saying that it has a “counter-effect on the laser treatment itself.”  If you are doing well with Minoxidil, I would not discontinue it.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 2 ]

March 26, 2013, 06:25 PM

I agree with Rosario. However I would like to add that minox does nothing to treat the underlying cause of your hair loss. It merely “squeezes out” what life the follicle may still have. To treat the underlying condition laser therapy will be helpful. Also topically treating DHT will also be helpful.

IGNORE

cylonjim

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 3 ]

March 26, 2013, 07:22 PM

Thanks for the responses!

Zix Creator, I use your Minomuck with 5% Minox, which I believe has ingredients to address DHT, if memory serves me (have used it for some time now).

Any opinion on the electrotherapy question I asked in another post?  I respect the opinions of the members here including you two.

Thanks again.

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 4 ]

March 28, 2013, 09:02 PM

i’m a woman and I used minox for a few years the 2%.  results weren’t great so I stopped.  a few months later I had a really bad shed so I guess I was wrong and it was at least preventing more hair loss.  I switched to 2% morning and 5% evening (5% is too greasy) and had better results by adding the 5%. I have also started using the lasers and i’m starting to see even more hair grow.  I’m hoping the lasers will improve the quality of my hair as well as quantity.  If you are currently using it I wouldn’t stop or you might risk a shed.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 5 ]

March 29, 2013, 05:48 PM

cylonjim

Yes adding Hair Muck to your minoxidil addresses the DHT issue.

Haven’t studied the electrotherapy issue. Sorry don’t know.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.