Do I need a break from the Laser Helmet (Laser Messiah 2- 300 diodes)?

Share/Bookmark

bear101

RankRank

Total Posts: 55

March 30, 2013, 04:35 PM

Use: 3X a week @ 20 minutes each session.

The rest of my regimen includes krill oil supplementation and Nizoral 2% 3X a week (other times I use organic wheat shampoo).

Got good results for first 6 months then after hair cut in month 8 noticed diffusive thinning all across the top. Had this in the past a few times and it went away. Hair is see through especially when wet. Maybe it’s seasonal shedding….I don’t know really. Previous to this (January, 2013) my barber commented that he had not noticed before how thick my hair was.

Should I stop lasering for a bit, or reduce the frequency or duration, or all of the above?

Please advise….thanks.

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 1 ]

April 06, 2013, 03:52 AM

My default answer to this question is the following: as much as possible, stop examining your hair frequently (easier said than done, I know). Continue the regimen, and reexamine in 6 months.

As an aside, I will say that Nizoral did dry my hair out quite a bit - I passed on using it many years ago because of the dryness.

Goodluck,
Calbruin

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 2 ]

April 06, 2013, 03:52 AM

My default answer to this question is the following: as much as possible, stop examining your hair frequently (easier said than done, I know). Continue the regimen, and reexamine in 6 months.

As an aside, I will say that Nizoral did dry my hair out quite a bit - I passed on using it many years ago because of the dryness.

Goodluck,
Calbruin

IGNORE

jads

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 3 ]

April 06, 2013, 09:45 PM

It does not work for everyone. The science looks great but everyone is different.

I have mild-medium diffuse thinning.  After 18 months of both helmet and in-clinic use, laser didn’t work for me.  My hair darkened and it has likely helped with maintenance but I’ve seen zero regrowth.

In summary, it’s been an expensive fail.

IGNORE

bear101

RankRank

Total Posts: 55

# 4 ]

April 09, 2013, 05:31 PM

Hi I haven’t been checking this thread for a few days, but thanks for the responses. I have to say that generally the laser has had a POSITIVE effect, that’s why I found the thiinning puzzling. Hairs are growing back thicker that before around hairline. In the first 4 months there was lots of new growth around the temples and hairline area….also hair was easier to style…would spike up aand stay in place without any products. The itch is non-existant now. it might be a case of it getting worse before it gets better

@Calbriuin: I’ve had this kind of diffuse thinning in the past and it has resolved before. Selenium sulfide shampoo caused it before among other things. I will take your advice of not looking in the mirror to much. When I actually do this I find my hair looks better than what I think it does in my mind….if that makes any sense at all LOL

@jads: I think the only failure you had was your expectations and that you spent too much on the laser therapy. I mean if you were maintaining I would consider that a success myself. Finasteride seldom has the regrowth that you might hear about…in reality it is best at slowing the loss or halting it. Therefore, I wouldn’t expect laser therapy to do much beyond this. Although I would say it has exceeded my expectations at least initially anyways.

IGNORE

Duketronix

Rank

Total Posts: 10

# 5 ]

April 09, 2013, 06:21 PM

I think one needs to get the body primed for LLLT to really work.

I actually jsut took an extra day off from my regime this past week because I found I was getting the “pump” in my scalp REALLY fast and then getting an almost burning feel (overstimulation?) and my hair didn’t seem to be as happy/started shedding more.  I am back on it now and things seem to have reset, shedding reduced etc. 

I’m a firm believer that you need to listen to what your body is telling you.  I think mine was getting too much and taking a little break seemed to have resolved the issue.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.