The studio is set up, and we’re getting the band back together! -Quick Video by O.M.G.

Share/Bookmark

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

April 05, 2013, 12:08 PM

Hey, guys!

I was only going to share this video with people that have plans to make videos with me, but I thought I’d share it here, too, so you all would know that we are about to get started again!  Plus, I’d like to open it up to ANYBODY that wants to talk about something important!

I’ve set up the studio, and this video is instructions for how we can achieve a good quality live uplink without the crappiness of Skype!  You need a tripod, a camera, a cell phone, and a headset microphone—and that’s it!

UNFORTUNATELY, the video can’t be viewed on mobile devices and is blocked outright in Germany because I just HAD to use Sugar Hill Gang’s “Apache” as bumper music, so you have to watch this on a regular computer!  In the future, I’ll only use royalty free music so I won’t have this problem.

Ok, it’s time for me to get BACK TO WORK!  I’ll be answering emails all weekend and building helmet again starting Sunday!  .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) if you need me!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 1 ]

April 05, 2013, 01:50 PM

For you mobile users out there, this Vimeo link works!
https://vimeo.com/m/63415804

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

halfempty

RankRank

Total Posts: 58

# 2 ]

April 07, 2013, 08:25 PM

Hey man,

Nice to see you around!

Just curious, if someone was using a small camera and using the cell phone to talk to you. How the heck would you line up the audio to the video? Is that even possible?

I am not planning on making a video, I am just curious because I have tried to do this in the past and did not succeed.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

April 25, 2013, 12:51 PM

Hey, Half-Empty!

I don’t want the cell phone audio, mind you!  That’s garbage.  I either want the camera’s audio feed from the video or a separate audio recorder, located closer to the victim—errr, the participant.  I *could* sync up the cell phone audio—any audio source!  You just have to carefully put it in the timeline.

If you are using modern stuff, then once you get it aligned properly, it should STAY aligned all though out the video.

That’s what I do when I match up the H4n’s audio to my video camera audio, and then turn off the video audio.  I’ll start by putting the original audio in one ear and the audio source I’m replacing it with in the other.  Much easier to tell that way.  Then I mute the original audio and put the new audio back stereo.

Hope that makes sense!

We now have a THEME SONG, by the way!  I’ll have to post that.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 4 ]

April 28, 2013, 04:10 PM

Great!  And, man, the before/after color correction ‘example’ you give is amazing.  What software are you using to accomplish that?  Can’t wait for the new and improved videos…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

April 28, 2013, 06:09 PM

Vegas, Baby!

Well, Sony Vegas Pro, that is!  I do all my color grading in that!  Similar to film (and a lot of commercials these days), I make the highs and mids more flesh toned, and the lows sort of teal green, which is the exact opposite color on the color wheel.  ..and push the limits of the contrast, too!

But basically we are talking COLOR THEORY, and I’m really passionate about that!  I’m going to talk about this more than you wanted!

Actually, this video, even done with cheap cameras (expensive DSLR cameras do this so much better) is a great demo of color theory because I have a different gradient for both me and the laser babe, and you can see it in that picture-in-picture up there.

What you do is “color grade” everything to enhance skin tones.  If you look at skin tones on a color wheel, you’ll find that all flesh tones from every race are actually just lighter/darker variations of a pretty narrow hue range.  The opposite -or the “complimentary color”- is somewhere around green to blue.  The theory is that if you add the complimentary color to the low ends and shadows, the skin tones look better (and you enhance the mids and the highs with the skin tone).

The laser babe and I have pretty different skin hues—mine is more ruddy.  MUCH more ruddy!  So, I actually graded ours differently because when I’m colored using the typical skin/teal, I just don’t look quite right.  Mine is more on the pink side, where as hers is more “normal”, and you see coloring like that on a ton of commercials. 

You can look in this example and see both our gradients and the difference they make on the picture.  I put the gradients in the middle, and you can see how the top part on each side takes on those colors.  The top should look MUCH BETTER than the ungraded, uncorrected bottom:

our-gradients.jpg

Hopefully you can see the DRASTIC difference in the pictures.  Good cameras are even better because there is more information and depth to work with! 

Obviously, there are other color correction things going on (especially the contrast), but, in a nutshell, that’s a large part of cinematography and color theory!  Once you start messing with it, you’ll see it everywhere.  Action movies like to color things more orange/blue vs. skin/teal for some reason.

So, it’s more than just adjusting a few sliders—there is actually a method to it!  I’m by no means a pro, but I think it’s really fun -and not everyone can be a movie star, so some of us have to do-it-ourselves!  smile

More info than you wanted,
-O.M.G.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 6 ]

April 28, 2013, 07:36 PM

By the way, an example of what a better camera can do is this:

parrots-of-helen.jpg

I used my wife’s Canon Rebel DSLR for this video, and I could really PUSH those tones!  Looks pretty close to a movie, and I did that by increasing the percentage of the gradient overlay! 

I wish I could use that camera for the work videos, but I’d need someone to focus it (doesn’t have an autofocus when it’s in video mode), and I’m sort of a one man show.  I’ll eventually get a good DSLR, though, and they’ll look so much better.

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.