viviscal???

Share/Bookmark

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

April 29, 2013, 07:09 AM

Hello all

I continue to laser, it continues to work.

But like so many of us, I am always looking for anything I can do to help.

Ok, guilty secret time: I am a long-time Allure subscriber (yes, I’m a woman, if that helps matters) Anyway, one of the reasons I like it, is that they frequently address the hair issues of women. In the latest issue, one of their experts was quoted as saying that he sees middle-aged women getting good results with it.

I can’t help thinking that the viviscal people simply have a decent publicist who got him to say that. But like so many of us, I want to believe it could help. Their studies suck (even the magazine admitted that) but hell, who can afford FDA approved clinical trials other than the major drug companies?

Thoughts? Anybody use? Anybody’s mom use? (I’m probably closer to most of your mom’s ages)

thx!

H

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 1 ]

April 29, 2013, 07:05 PM

Hello…

I believe that Viviscal is simply a fancy name for fish oil..Viviscal has been around for quite sometime so its definately no miracle supplement..Also, I believe Viviscal has a pretty meaty price tag as well..Take a look at a product called Res q 1250…It is a pharmaceutical grade fish oil…I believe fish oil is a very important element of a regimen addressing inflamation…Res q costs about $56 per bottle for 200. capsules…I take four per day which is a healthy serving, hence it lasts about 2 months..However, they often run sales and i just pir hased three bottles for $100 including shipping…This would be much cheaper than Viviscal…Its great that your getting results from the lasers…I think fish oil is a great addition but Im very leary of quality when it comes to fisb oil..Its easy to get rancid products…You shluld be careful about cost as well…It has to be something you can continue to buy so you wont quit…good luck!

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

# 2 ]

May 02, 2013, 07:30 PM

I tried it, I didn’t notice much difference.  I have better luck w/ minoxidil.  I also have tried NuHair.  I’m not sure that did anything either.  Usually when I started these things it was around a shed…then I panicked and started one of these and then I would see some hair growth, but I think that is because it just happened to be when my hair would start to grow back after the shed.  neither made my hair fuller.  I have since stopped taking both with no negative effects.  I’m sticking to minox and my laser helmet as I feel those are the most effective things to grow hair.

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 3 ]

May 10, 2013, 03:02 AM

Hi gregsmom. Viviscal has been around a long time. Never knew anyone that it helped. Just a glorified fish oil.

IGNORE

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

# 4 ]

May 14, 2013, 05:45 AM

Fish oil. It all makes sense now - of course some people would benefit from it and others wouldn’t depending on what their diets were lacking.

So that’s what the marine complex nonsense is. Yeesh. I’ll stick to my high quality grade fish oil capsules from the health food store (for a quarter the price of course)  and my laser helmet.

THanks all!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.