Starting up Super Zix II!

Share/Bookmark

VinMan15

Rank

Total Posts: 6

May 08, 2013, 08:11 AM

Just made my first batch of Super Zix II last night =) Pretty excited to try this, I have been thinking about doing it for a year now since i heard a lot of good things about it. I’m 23 years old and still have a lot of hair but it’s definitely thinning. I was on a topical before and seeing results, it was just so expensive! now i have roughly a years supply for a third of the price of the other topical!

My regime as of now is:

Super zix II
RegenePure
Hair multivitamin
Exercise

I would love a helmet but I’m going back to school and cannot afford one so this is the best I can do. Look forward to seeing some hair preservation and maybe even a little regrowth/thickening. Any advice is welcome guys wink

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 638

# 1 ]

May 10, 2013, 02:54 AM

Hi Vinman. Hope things go well for you!

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 2 ]

May 18, 2013, 08:17 AM

Hey Joe,

Was curious about something the other day.  Since your beta sitosterol extract should be about a years worth of a supply, what is in the solution that prevents any kind of mold growth over that long period of time?  I keep mine in the fridge as directed, but we all probably know mold will eventually grow on things in the fridge over time.

Thanks,
TG

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 3 ]

May 18, 2013, 10:34 AM

Well not much really. Just refrigeration. However success rates for it lasting a full year have been great. I think the mold comes mostly from touching the spout to your scalp. It would introduce it into the concentrate. But since we are not using it that way there doesn’t ever seem to be a problem.

Adding a preservative always worries me. By it’s very nature anything that is a preservative is toxic to cellular life. That includes our scalp cells. So I try to stay away from that.

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 4 ]

May 18, 2013, 01:57 PM

OK, makes sense.  Now that I think about it, beta sitosterol is actually anti-mold/fungal I believe.  So that may help.  I still worry about overall degradation of the concentrate over a year’s time though.  Is the concentrate a result of purely your own experimentation, or is it modeled off of preexisting formulas?  Just curious.

Thanks!

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

May 18, 2013, 04:20 PM

It’s based on a “rule of thumb” formula when I extrapolate an oral dose to a topical one. It’s my own extrapolation based on pharmaceuticals oral doses when used topically.

But it’s proprietary. I don’t reveal that. I got tired of my formulas showing up for sale on ebay!

So I suppose you can say it’s my best guess.

IGNORE

VinMan15

Rank

# 6 ]

June 14, 2013, 08:48 AM

Hey Joe,

Do you notice Zix drying out your hair at all? I think this may be whats happening with me. Any suggestions?

IGNORE

The Zix Creator

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

June 24, 2013, 10:32 AM

Hi Vin. Reduce the concentration of alcohol by 50%. Increase the distilled water by the amount you reduced the alcohol.

IGNORE

VinMan15

Rank

# 8 ]

June 24, 2013, 03:56 PM

Good idea, Thanks! Also started to use coconut oil a few times throughout the week and it makes my hair feel great!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.