Laser Device for Sides

Share/Bookmark

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

June 01, 2013, 01:20 PM

Hi All,
Wanted to see if I could trouble anyone on here for a device that could treat the sides of my hair. I have noticed that this area does not receive any light from the laser helmet, resulting in continued hair loss. Ideally I’d like to have a small hand held device that I could treat for 20 minutes 3xweek. Anyone ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Calbruin

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 1 ]

June 14, 2013, 01:57 AM

Buy a piece of gutter guard like the one here http://www.homedepot.com/p/Amerimax-Home-Products-Snap-In-Filter-White-Gutter-Guard-86270BX/100520851 You w.ill then cut it so it can wrap around the top of your head going from ear to ear. Attach some diodes to the ends, then wire. Then ssimply make a “chin strap” with wire to hold the sides against your head while it’s on.

I will post a pic of mine tomorrow.

Best,
NDW

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

June 26, 2013, 09:02 AM

I’ll work on this.  This is something I’ve worked on in the past and I’ve had some “ok” devices, but I haven’t nailed it yet.  I’ll keep you posted!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 3 ]

July 16, 2013, 02:25 PM

OMG can I ask you what the limiting factor is on creating a helmet with more side coverage is?

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 4 ]

July 17, 2013, 10:13 AM

Hey, NDW!

This is one of those things that in concept sounds like it would be easily done.  However, when you actually attempt to DO IT, it doesn’t work out so easily!  It becomes extremely intricate, loses it’s “one-size-fits most” ability, it’s overly cumbersome and awkward, and to really make it work for the sides, you’d have to part ways with some of the core concepts that makes the helmet work so well (flexible, scalp conforming, etc.).

So, it’s better, as of now, to keep them separate!  It’s not IMPOSSIBLE to do, of course, but man… it’s difficult as hell.

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

# 5 ]

July 18, 2013, 03:50 AM

Yeah, looking at my helmet it seems that the velcro strap is what one would have to give up in order for the sides to reach the sideburn area. If that is the case perhaps customers can give you their measurements and you can build a custom sized helmet. Hell I’d pay $300 for it. I have a thing for top-of-the-line tools ahaha.

I just wanted to make sure that getting the foam sheets in a big enough size was not the problem.

NDW

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 6 ]

July 21, 2013, 09:05 AM

OMG…Long time no talk…Is is possible to do a device that is stand up? Something that hangs over the head and can be positioned to hit different sides of the scalp? My issue is that the helmet became deformed trying to adjust it on my head..Also the diodes often pop out of their holes during the process of adjusting the helmet..Ive seen this design o
n the internet i will look for the link…

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.