Approaching laser hair treatment the same way as training a muscle??

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

June 30, 2013, 07:52 AM

Hi!

I’ve been using the OMG helmet for aprox 2,5 years. This combined with other elements in my regimen has brought success in my quest for regrowth.

However, it seems of course things have “stagnated” a bit, and today an idea occured.

Could stimulating my hair with different amounts of lasering from period to period, instead of the “old” 3x20 mins a week steady, bring increased growth??

This is just a thought, and I’m writing this so that those with more knowledge and experience can answer this.

It just seems a bit logical, just like training your body, the more variation you put into your scedule (to a certain degree) the more progress. In fact muscle growth stops, progress in strenght stops, if you only do the same exercises.

Can anyone lecture me on this???

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

July 01, 2013, 09:51 AM

Hey, eriko!

I feel that the answer is UNEQUIVOCALLY yes!!!  I’ve had the theory for a long time that, with laser therapy, it’s possible to reach plateaus, etc. very similarly to training muscles!

This is one reason why the PulseDrive has THREE different settings, by the way.  The idea would be that after three-six months on the primary “M3” setting of 8.9khz, you would use one of the other settings (M1 or M2) for a month or so.  Then, PERHAPS, this would prevent that!

pulsedrive-bbs-table.jpg

I’m only now in Mid-2013 doing what I should have been doing in the beginning of 2012, by the way (because of my pancreas problems that *almost* removed me from the genepool), so I really haven’t gotten the opportunity to experiment with this as much as I should have!  Stay tuned…

-John (O.M.G.)

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 2 ]

July 01, 2013, 10:25 AM

By the way, for those of you that just miss the lovely sound of my 1000+ cigar voice, here is what “M3” sounds like:

http://www.worldhairloss.org/files/Mode-M3.mp3

The “side effect” of pulsing in that frequency range is sound!  Pulsed energy becomes waves, and that’s what waves are in that frequency range—SOUND!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

TrueGround

RankRank

Total Posts: 79

# 3 ]

July 02, 2013, 08:16 PM

Oh hell…

So “Mode 3” is the 8.9khz setting!?

I’ve been using it on mode 1 for the last 10 months!!!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 4 ]

July 02, 2013, 08:34 PM

Oh, wait, though!  Let me clarify—MOST of the PulseDrives have 8.9khz on “M3”—but if you were an “early adopter” and got one of the very first ones, then “M1” was 8.9khz!  So, use the sound to tell!!!

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to say that!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

July 03, 2013, 07:44 AM

Hey, everybody…

I just got an email from someone that has had good results doing scalp exercises coupled with the laser helmet for the past six months.  I *always* forget about the scalp exercise aspect of this!  I’ve heard a few times now that the people that have combined the two have feel that they have an extra “oomph” to their treatments—so this is also right in line with the “muscle training” theory!

As you guys all know, the PROBLEM with scalp exercises is actually sticking with it—compliance, I guess.  However, if you are looking for an extra kick to get you off a plateau, this might be a good route.  I wouldn’t know if it means you have to stick with it forever or anything like that, but I know it might help.

I really do believe in the scalp tension aspect (from muscle pulling and head expansion) of hair loss:
http://www.worldhairloss.org/index.php/hairloss/page2-featuredcontributors/the_mechanics_of_male_pattern_baldness

It might not be the “be all, end all”, but it’s definitely a factor, and I do feel that scalp exercises as well as the mechanism of the laser helmet that works the scalp muscles helps this aspect of it.

This is what the “mature hairline” actually is, and I can see it on my own scalp.  When I look at the sides of my hair at 40, I can see that it’s further back than it used to be when I was 20—but it’s not from loss because that is healthy hair.  The hair has physically moved back.  Well, the same thing that causes your hair lines to physically move can also cause a lot of tension, which is a bad growing environment.  ...or so the theory goes!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.