Toggle switches for zones

Share/Bookmark

dlhair

Rank

Total Posts: 8

July 02, 2013, 11:28 PM

Hi all,

Have been LLLTing almost a year now, and my self-made helmet’s wiring has gotten somewhat flaky over time (am using “bullet” connectors which are easier than blade ones for me).  Has anyone built a toggle-switch contraption to treat with 3 zones that OMG recommends?  Would be interested in buying from someone since I unsuccessfully tried this when building the helmet, hence the bullet connectors.  Or someone’s experience/recommendations building one would help.

Thanks much!
DL

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

July 03, 2013, 08:54 AM

Hey, dlhair!

You know, it’s the SLOW time of year for me and I’m very caught up with a lot of stock, so I do have some time right now.  If your wiring is “flaky”, you can always have me look at it and redo it!

I actually just did that yesterday for someone that wired their own helmet and was having problems, and I turned their, umm… flaky wiring (ha ha!  Sorry, Ian, if you ever read this!) into this thing of beauty!

rewired-helmet.jpg

I’ll be shipping that out in a couple of hours.  Now, I’d hate to offer that then all of a sudden get slammed with business and not be able to do it quickly, but the time of the year from about mid-June to about mid-July is just abominably slow, so I should have time to help you!

Ok, though, about the switchable zones:

When I designed the overmachogrande.com website originally, it was sort of meant as a supplement to my forum posts -and now, unfortunately, most of those forum posts are long gone into the ethernet and would be difficult to find anyway.  So, that means that there are some things that I covered heavily on the forums that ARE NOT on my OverMachoGrande.com site -for instance: there are no longer any switchable zones on my helmet, and I only ever made one or two helmets for other people right in the beginning of 2009 that had them!

Let me tell you, those were absolutely horrible for several reasons, and I completely removed and re-wired my helmet in about November 2008.  There are three main reasons for this, and they have to do with results, the quality of the helmet, and the timeframe.

First of all, I’ve found irradiating your entire scalp at once is better than sections.  Even though I get slightly less soreness, I feel that I got much better results all-at-once vs. section at a time.  I don’t think the soreness is really related to results –it’s interesting, that’s for sure, but I do feel that there is a synergy of irradiating a full region at one time.  In fact, when I use my 400 diode helmet, it’s a much more stimulating feeling, and I don’t think it’s an accident that my hair -even after using my original golden helmet and then my original laser messiah for a year- started to get better after I switched to this.

Second, and this is as big of a reason as the first one, is that EVERY SINGLE PROBLEM I ever had with my helmet was around the switches –that was totally the weak spot of the helmet!  Even worse, I wouldn’t exactly KNOW that there was a problem until it got so bad that the lasers would flicker, but they weren’t getting adequate power before that.  With the switches removed, it’s a much, much better helmet.

Third, the time involved with a few sections is not only prohibitive, but once we started making helmets that had 300 and 400 diodes, the weight made it so you didn’t want to keep that helmet on your head for an hour.  Twenty minutes is MUCH BETTER!

So, there are a few reasons why I don’t use them nor make them! lol…

Now then, though, non of that post that I just made is actually answering your question!  I could be perhaps talked out of some of my expensive green connectors, but that’s not a toggle.  Anyway, let me know if you still want to pursue the switchable zones and I’ll see if there is anything I can do.

By the way, if anyone is curious as to what I’m working on in the slow time of the year, I’m actually working on my main future website, which will be revolutionary.nu—it’ll be sort of the “anti-aging mothership” for everything I do, and Immortal will post a bunch of articles there.  After I finish that, I’m going to finally finish THIS site, and then I’m going to actually make a decent lasermessiah.com site!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

dlhair

Rank

Total Posts: 8

# 2 ]

July 15, 2013, 10:42 PM

OMG,

Sorry for late response - I never get reply notifications even though they’re enabled.

Thanks for the above because I’ve been enduring 60-min 3-zoned agony for the last year (had only read omg.com but obviously no subsequent posts).  Am now looking forward to heavenly 20-min sessions!

Am still on the fence about the PD - how much are they these days, and do you still carry them?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.