Four Year Update!

Share/Bookmark

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

July 06, 2013, 02:22 PM

Hey Gents - time to add another year to the update! Here is my post from last year, now with an additional comment on my experience for the fourth year while on the helmet. Enjoy!

Hi Everyone,
As July 1st approaches, I would like to take the time to give all of you on the site a brief summary of my results over the course of my three years using the OMG Laser Helmet. First, let me preface this by saying that I stand to gain nothing by elucidating the virtues of the helmet.
That being said, my experience over the last three years has been nothing short of a miracle. I have regrown nearly 100% of my hair back, although the trek was long and required great patience. I began losing my hair at the age of 21, and was finally forced to seek out a solution as friends and family began to comment ( a scenario I’m sure many of you are familiar with). So began my foray into the confusing world of hair loss. By this time, I was 24.5 years old.
After 1.5 years on Minoxidil and Propecia, I began to notice some visible improvement, however my expectations were not hardly met. Although my hair quality had improved, my temples were beginning to recede deeply. I knew I needed more.
My foray into lasers initially started with the Laser Comb, which inevitably failed, however did leave me with a vital conclusion: lasers hoods seemed to have profound visual results on patients (especially younger one’s) and I intended to learn everything about them. This is when I scoured the internet and stumbled onto OMG’s DYI website for his Laser Messiah. I read every page of that website probably a half dozen times!
I took OMG’s advice from the website, and visited a local physician who offered laser hood treatments at a price of nearly 2k for 6 months. I turned down their ‘generous’ offer and proceeded home that day, knowing that the helmet was the single best decision I could make.
Finally on July 1st 2009, I received the package in the mail. Here is a brief summary of my year over year results
Y1 - The recovery year. The first 6 months was a shed fest, the final 6 months is when things began to stabilize. By the end of year 1, I saw vellous hairs began to appear colored and grew longer. Hair loss had completely stopped.

Y2 - True growth. It was at the start of this year that I reevaluated my expectations. I figured that by year 1 I would have had a lot more hair and this was simply not the case. However, this ended up being a blessing which forced me to lower the bar. I was happy with, and content to keep it that way. Much to my surprise, 6 months later I realized that my growth was beginning to take off. The last 6 months of this year were incredible. I began to receive compliments from barbers and family.

Y3-  Temples filling in - This last year has been the most impressive in that hairs which I thought were long gone in my temples, have begun to spontaneously reappear. I can honestly say that my hairline is filling back into areas which I have not seen filed since the age of 21. An anecdotal note: hair seems to be growing back exactly at the same pace and place that i lost it - those which were lost three years ago are now only beginning to reappear.

Y4- Right temple is starting to fill in now, with small hairs appearing in places not seen since 21. The pace of this filling in has slowed a bit though, and I’m starting to think I may be approaching the maximum results one can obtain. I am now parting my hair to the side, using very little product to do this; I have not done this since I was 21 as well. People have begun to compliment my hair ( I even had one girl tell me that I had great hair for my age!). I am turning 30 this year and look forward to continue (fingers crossed) success with the helmet. Thanks to everyone here for the help over the years. Count on a Y5 update next year!

I don’t post much on here any longer because I’ve been busy living my life; I sincerely wish this for all of you, the work on this website is a godsend and I thank all of you for your perseverance and effort. I check in here from time to time - my helmet is still working perfectly three years later (a testament to its sturdiness, although I’d be lying if I said I don’t have an emergency fund in case the lights turn off!)
Most importantly I would like to thank OMG. OMG thank you so much for the confidence your helmet has given me in my life. There is not a day that goes by where I don’t feel the positive influence of your work in my life. Thank you so much for giving me back my confidence. Thank you.

Nicholas aka Calbruin

IGNORE

jkenn

RankRank

Total Posts: 24

# 1 ]

July 06, 2013, 03:01 PM

Congrats!  Did you stay on minoxidil and propecia the entire time?

IGNORE

Calbruin

RankRank

Total Posts: 49

# 2 ]

July 07, 2013, 02:48 AM

Yep - minox and prop the whole time.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 3 ]

July 07, 2013, 11:12 AM

Hey, Calbruin!

Man, that’s GREAT to hear!!! —except for the fact that you are just turning 30, and I just turned 40 a month ago!  Ha ha!  [Hey, that’s ok… people have to take me seriously now!]

The most ridiculous thing about hair loss—aside from us potentially looking like hapless dorks, being viewed as inferior genetic breading material, etc. etc. etc.—is the fact that it can take SO LONG to get results.  Long enough where people can give up the fight, even though they quite possibly are using the treatment that is going to help them the most.  It’s actually cruel and unusual punishment—maybe even proof that god hates us.  LOL

Anyway, that’s fantastic news, and I’m glad you shared that with everyone!  The double-edged sword for me is that I make helmets that emancipate people from forums, so although I hear it all the time by email, it’s a bit frustrating that people don’t post so others can see it!  Ha ha ha—but that part is my problem, and I’m just happy that you are having great result!!!!

Congrats!

YAY.gif

Oh, by the way, you may be emancipated from hair loss forums, but I’m working on the revolutionary.nu anti-aging / longevity site!  Stay tuned for that!

-John(O.M.G.)

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

neutron

RankRank

Total Posts: 140

# 4 ]

July 21, 2013, 09:09 AM

Interesting to hear a post spread out over four years…It seems like many people may not stick to treatments long enough to get the best results…My one question is do you use rogain foam or liquid…I had bad irritations with the liquid and had to quit after one month…Im wondering first if the laser helps kill the irritation or
maybe the foam is better for that….

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 5 ]

July 29, 2013, 03:35 AM

It is encouraging news to read. I am keeping on with my laser treatment and just coming up to my 17th month. It’s hard for me to say what the results are as they seem to fluctuate. There were moments in the first year when I was convinced my hair was getting thicker on the crown but recently I saw it looking thin. Your mind plays tricks with you. I still see tiny hairs that fall out tapered at the end which tells me they are miniaturizing. I try not to believe that I the more positive take could be they are new hairs developing. I know they are probably not but it helps keep me positive.  One thing for sure, I am not giving up at 46 years old because I have nothing else to loose except time sitting under the lights. I just end up watching something online or working so there you go. I don’t clay much now, started using Revita this year, use minox and hair muck once a day (evenings) and take a 5th of a fin tab a day. Of course I will post any progress. One thing I will say for LL lasers is they heal. I had a couple of warts that I zapped with them and they went.

IGNORE

hairmore

RankRank

Total Posts: 33

# 6 ]

July 31, 2013, 10:38 PM

marb - July 29, 2013, 03:35 AM

One thing I will say for LL lasers is they heal. I had a couple of warts that I zapped with them and they went.

I know this is fairly off topic, but do you mind expanding on this a little, marb?

Are you using the same lasers than on your helmet or others?
or roughly how long do you ‘zap’ them?

Thanks,
hairmore

IGNORE

marb

RankRank

Total Posts: 81

# 7 ]

August 01, 2013, 05:32 AM

Same lasers. Just a few seconds.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.