Throwing Stuff At My Head (Noob Looking for Advice)

Share/Bookmark

medhead

Rank

Total Posts: 5

July 08, 2013, 10:48 PM

Hi all,

I gave up on propecia, which was working for me, due to new research on side effects, and all my hair fell out. I recently ordered a helmet from OMG (yay), and I just lasered my head while watching an electrical storm out my dorm window (seemed really stupid to have something electrical and plugged into the wall on my head while lightning was striking all around, but I had already started my 20 minutes and I want my hair back…). This was also the first time I’ve done the whole routine (polysorb 80, then niacin, then emu, then letting the storm troopers just go nuts). I kinda secretly hoped there’d be a lightning-induced power surge leading to a mutant superpower of growing hair slightly better than the average man with androgenic alopecia.

In addition to lasering, I started Lipogaine (minoxidil), S5 cream (day and night), and 1% hydrocortisone cream last week. I know that there are mixed reviews on minox, to say the least. I’ve always viewed Rogaine as the BS approach to hair treatment (with propecia being the big guns)...but people do crazy stuff when they start seeing their scalp in the mirror. I’m looking for feedback on all of these. What is worth doing in addition to laser treatments? Does Minox work for anyone longterm? Is it worth giving it a shot and see if it works for me? I know propecia also doesn’t work for all…I had truly remarkable results from it.

Any feedback is appreciated.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.