laser users

Share/Bookmark

jll138

Rank

Total Posts: 4

July 22, 2013, 07:21 PM

I came across this site that states Laser therapy should not be usef on dark coarse hair as it will cause over stimulation of the follicle and actually cause hairloss.

http://laser.hairgrowthcenters.com/bid/91621/LaserCap-Reviewed

Was hoping someone could shed some light on this.  I wiuld describe my hair as dark and think but has started to thin out in the crown area along with receeding hairline.  I certainly do not want to speed the hairloss process up.

Thanks!
Jon

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 1 ]

July 22, 2013, 08:20 PM

Hey, jll138!

This unfortunately is often repeated bunk with lllt for hair loss.  I have fairly dark hair—and what’s funny is so do both the people in the videos that are posted on that site.  Especially that lady!

Many of my customers are Asian and Indian, and they, as you can imagine, typically have darker, thicker hair.  Plus, there are laser clinics in India, China, and Japan—and they aren’t serving just the fair haired minority.

What happened several years back is “they” (meaning: “the internet”, and people that spread things around without looking into them) took information from hair REMOVAL and wrongly applied it to laser therapy for hair loss.  They even illustrate that here:

“If too much energy is delivered, the hair may shed or slow its growth. This is the case in laser hair removal. High amounts of laser are delivered to the follicle and the hair sheds and grows back finer.”

Ok, here are the facts… hair REMOVAL takes VERY STRONG LASERS.  There isn’t anything in common with hair loss lasers and hair removal lasers other than the fact that they are both Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation.  The difference in power between the two is ASTOUNDING—hair loss lasers are WEAK in comparison.

Check out this, for example:
http://www.amazon.com/health-personal-care/dp/B004R6HAPG

That is a 6 MEGA-watt laser.  6000 watts!  Hair loss lasers are 5 MILLI-watt!  .005 watts!  That’s just one example, but it’s an extremely wrong conclusion and bad science to associate “This is the case in laser hair removal” with a hair loss laser.  It doesn’t happen like that, and the amount of energy gained by darker hair wouldn’t increase the strength exponentially to bridge the gap between .005 and 6000!!!

Ok, though, you may ask:  Well, OMG, then why would it make a difference with a strong laser when it doesn’t with a weak one??

Good question, and the answer is that if dark hair increases absorbed laser energy by 20%, then you can be talking about the difference between hair removal and BODILY HARM with really strong diodes.  However, when you are talking about hair loss diodes, 20% will still put you in the safe range if you are doing the proper time to begin with.

Ok, and now you may ask:  OMG, the first commenter says that they have dark hair and they started shedding!

Well, to that I say we don’t know the full picture.  99% of the shedding cases I’ve ever heard of involve Minoxidil.

Anyway, I’ve spoken to lots of people involved in laser therapy over the years, and there just isn’t that correlation!

So, I’m eventually going to do a thorough article on this with Dr. Maricle and his experiences with the many laser clinics he’s been involved with over the years.  I have to finish working on my sites first, though!

Hope that helps, and good luck!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

jll138

Rank

Total Posts: 4

# 2 ]

July 23, 2013, 08:44 PM

Awesome info.  Thanks!!

-Jon

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.