Can anyone recommend a good non-SLS Shampoo to use with the laser Messiah?

Share/Bookmark

JJ2man

Rank

Total Posts: 10

November 15, 2013, 12:35 AM

Good evening sirs, ladies and fellow hair loss combat people,

Can anyone recommend a good non-SLS Shampoo to use with the laser Messiah? I just purchased a laser messiah.

I’ve been using Nioxin system 1 conditioner (and occasionally shampoo) for nearly 3 years now. But I’ve been told it contains SLS, which is against OMG’s recommendaiton for prepping the scalp for laser treatment. What do you folks prefer to use?

Much obliged,
-Semi Balding in Santa Barbara

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 1 ]

November 16, 2013, 12:29 AM

OMG recommends (and I agree with him) that, rather than using shampoo to prepare your scalp for lasering, a 50/50 mixture of ethyl alcohol and polysorbate 80 is your best bet.  Rub that into your scalp, leave it on for at least fifteen minutes (using a heating cap, if available, to aid absorption) then rinse.  Towel dry your hair and then laser.

IGNORE

Jidokwan

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 2 ]

November 16, 2013, 01:26 PM

So what exactly is the current protocol for laser therapy? I’m using the pulse drive.  The instructions that came with it require “ALWAYS after a shower with clean, damp hair.” I stumbled across this from OMG on the thread: “The effectiveness in micro needling recent study.”

“By the way, for those of you that don’t know… it’s 25 MINUTES WITH THE PULSEDRIVE now!  [NOT the original power supply—that’s still 20!].  So, when the pulsedrive cycle stops at 25 minutes, turn it on for another FIVE.  This is MUCH more stimulation, and people that are doing this feel like they are getting better results!  More on that later, though…

-O.M.G.”

Is there someplace on this site that lists the current protocol?

IGNORE

medhead

Rank

Total Posts: 5

# 3 ]

December 14, 2013, 08:54 PM

I use the above 50/50 etc approach prior to lasering, whenever possible. I ALSO use Pura D’Or Organic hairloss prevention shampoo with Argan Oil. Laser heat and alcohol on your hair tends to dry it out but the Argan Oil shampoo adds a nice shine. There are groupons for it on a very regular basis (one just last month). One bottle has lasted me well over 5 months now and I wash my hair twice a day…so even at full price on amazon that is less than $6/month. IDK what is working, but something is and my results have been phenomenal.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.