Question Regarding Plastic Connector Clips on Laser Messiah

Share/Bookmark

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

December 11, 2013, 11:31 PM

I just had a quick question concerning the plastic connector clips on the Laser Messiah that connect the wires from the power unit to the helmet. One of the clips came off of the helmet end and I lost it. So now I need to replace the clip and I needed to know what kind to buy and where to get it from.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

Total Posts: 72

# 1 ]

December 12, 2013, 05:11 AM

Hi solitaire,  do you mean the wire nuts?

IGNORE

SolitaireCloneInX

RankRank

Total Posts: 56

# 2 ]

December 23, 2013, 02:18 PM

I’m not sure exactly. It’s the plastic clips that are connected to the black & red wires that you use to connect the power source to the helmet. Are those the wire nuts?

Some days you just can’t get rid of a bomb!

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

# 3 ]

December 23, 2013, 02:39 PM

The wire nuts are the blue and red, large/small cone shaped plastic caps that hold the cluster of wires together, from your reply I,m guessing you mean something different..did omg build the helmet for you?

I put mine together from a LM kit that omg supplies, and I wired my power supply to my LM without connectors.. The wires are secured to my Laser helmet and then connect to a couple of large “wire nuts” at the rear of my Laser Helmet..

Suppose any snap connector would do, but why not keep the power supply and helmet wired together all the time?

Hope this helps!

IGNORE

NDW

RankRank

Total Posts: 121

# 4 ]

December 23, 2013, 08:17 PM

He’s not talking about wire nuts. You can get them at any hardware store. Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Ace…

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Tyco-Electronics-Female-Disconnect-Fully-Insulated-Nylon-12-10-AWG-250-Series-10-Clam-CPGI-4-520448-2-10/202204296

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

# 5 ]

December 24, 2013, 05:13 AM

Yes, I,d tried those spade connectors and the some bullet connectors before I hard wired the PS to the helmet, the problem with them is they become worn and then they get hot with the resistance…

if you do use the spade or bullet connectors its better to solder them to the wires instead of just crimping them together, but they still become worn and hot.

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.