chemocoldcaps once a week, laser helmet others?

Share/Bookmark

Gregsmom48

RankRank

Total Posts: 50

August 05, 2014, 05:57 AM

Hello and have not posted in awhile (not that I post much)

I’m a woman, and a breast cancer survivor currently dealing with a recurrence, which requires chemotherapy. I started using my laser helmet in April of 08 and couldn’t be happier with the results: chemotherapy in 07 had left my hair finer - it was fine to begin with. The years using the helmet helped thicken strands back up and I was a happy camper.

Fast forward to now. A few weeks ago i started a chemotherapy that makes many people lose their hair, however I spent some time online and found chemocolcaps.com. In short, they’re very nice people, the product has been tested in Europe and found to be safe and effective. They’re ice caps you put on your head during treatment and it basically freezes the scalp and keeps chemo from getting into the blood vessels that feed your hair. (In case anybody is wondering, my oncologist is fine with it, and if it works for me—it is so far—planning to get a freezerful of the things for people who need it) anyway

Since the idea is that I shut off blood supply to the scalp, I was afraid to use my laser helmet since it increases blood supply. But now I’m wondering if I can’t use the cap on the “off” days and weeks.

Thoughts? Feedback? FWIW I heartily recommend the cold caps if anybody is undergoing chemo or knows somebody who might. But many of you are far more science-head-y than I and I’d appreciate your input.

ty
h

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.