I need a new helmet, been mailing with Igrow but need help

Share/Bookmark

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

August 18, 2014, 07:22 AM

So…. for the first time there’s actually a Choice to be made. What helmet should i buy??

I’ve had my 300 diode OMG laser helmet for 4 years. It did me well, but has now fallen apart and can’t be fixed. over 50% of the diodes are demonized (hot), and there’s something wrong With the Clips linking the helmet With the Power supply.

I see Theradome’s helmet which looks good, but has only 80 diodes.

iGrows helmet only has 21, which made no sense to me.  I mailed them and got this answer:

“Some people have been making their own home-use devices for quite some time and, in theory, there isn’t any reason why they shouldn’t work.  Though there aren’t any reported medical side effects of LLLT itself, naturally I’d be remiss not to mention that there are safety issues to consider (shorts, power surges, fluctuating heat in components and EMF (electromagnetic field) concerns to name a few), and there is a reason that products have to undergo clinical and safety testing before being allowed on the market.  There are also some extenuating factors that can affect the kind of results one gets such as consistent power distribution, distance from the scalp affecting cellular absorption, correct wavelength, clinical vs. commercial diodes, etc.

There is a great deal of information on the internet regarding LLLT technology- some good, some inaccurate or very outdated and some just posted by people with their own agenda.  For instance, there is actually no evidence that increasing the number of lasers or boosting the power improves results-quite the opposite in fact.

It’s very easy to get lost wading through such things as product specifications, number of lasers, etc., and I’ve found it’s easier to just boil it all down to what’s important. Essentially, results for Low Level Light Therapy do not depend on the number of diodes used, delivery by laser vs. LED or many other distractions often raised. Instead, all the recent scientific data on light therapy for hair loss shows that the best results rely on three things:

1)    Using the right wavelength (650-670nm),
2)    Delivering it at the optimal power output (3-4 joules per cm2), and
3)    Consistent treatment over time.

Taken together, this means it comes down to using a device that has #1 & #2, and doing #3 for long enough to see results. Naturally getting a well-made device from a company which stands behind it for warrantees, customer service, etc. isn’t a bad idea either.  (I’ve also built my own computers before but know there’s certainly a benefit from getting one from Dell, HP, Apple, etc. if there’s a problem or it doesn’t work properly.)

Apira Science produced the world’s most widely used clinical hair laser (the Revage670) for over 12 years, so we’re not new to this field. We designed the iGrow as a convenient way to provide LLLT at home by putting the most effective wavelength at the optimal power in an easy-to-use device.  It was safety tested and subjected to double blind, placebo-controlled clinical trials which showed the best results in the industry. These studies were specific to the iGrow, vetted, reviewed and cleared by the USFDA and Health Canada then published in peer-reviewed medical journals.  The iGrow also comes with a six-month Satisfaction Guarantee to allow someone to give it a fair trial to evaluate whether this type of treatment is effective for them.”

IGNORE

RankRank

Total Posts: 51

# 1 ]

August 19, 2014, 08:42 PM

How have your results been with the OMG helmet? If it has been helping, I would say get another laser messiah.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

August 20, 2014, 05:49 PM

Why haven’t you even emailed me about this once? [Update -I see you did once several years ago when I was in the hospital -I couldn’t answer any of those, and had about 15,000 by the time I was able to answer, so I had to just file them away]  Anything that goes wrong on a Laser Messiah can be easily fixed—that’s one of the basic premises of the entire thing!  The igrow has 21 laser diodes, by the way.  Good luck with that.

That whole response is bunk by the way!  “For instance, there is actually no evidence that increasing the number of lasers or boosting the power improves results-quite the opposite in fact”—are you kidding me?!  Ok, then put one laser on your head, iGrow, and put the other 20 back on the shelf!

So, riiiiiight…. these two would give the exact same results, I’m sure!!! 

igrow.png

That’s patently absurd.  COVERAGE has shown to be practically EVERYTHING with laser therapy.  The one on the right does it A LOT better than the one on the left (and pardon my ancient picture—I’ll have to update it).

This is what I hate about the hair loss industry.  People ALWAYS trying to spew garbage about their product—and in the case of laser therapy, it’s usually trying to make excuses for why they charge $800 for 21 laser diodes, etc.

Anyway, wow -thanks for reminding me why I don’t like to post anymore.  I don’t need to see propaganda from the most ridiculous company out there.  [Well, second most ridiculous if you count LaserMax!]

By the way, I have many, many, many customers that had the igrow -and as you see by the igrow’s reviews, they don’t work worth a crap.

Sincerely yours, and *always* making the best damn laser device on the market PERIOD,

-OverMachoGrande

PS -give me the courtesy to not put this igrow crap on my own site, FFS.  Go to one of the sites where they are a sponsor (I’m just assuming that they would be one somewhere).

These scammy companies are often very “litigious”, so please refrain from posting their emails here (even though it was carefully crafted marketing, so I’m sure they’d WANT you to), and I certainly don’t want them to be directed here.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

A1pup

RankRank

Total Posts: 72

# 3 ]

August 21, 2014, 09:20 AM

I,ve Had my Laser Messiah for around 4yrs now, and apart from a handful of diodes going “demon” had “No problems at all.. Omg shipped me the DIY kit, I put it together and since then I,ve added prolly another 100 diodes.. Its been fine!  Ooh apart from a power supply that stopped working and was promptly replaced by John.. 

“Igrow” pssshhhh..  Utter Shite! Nuff said..

smile

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 4 ]

August 21, 2014, 02:55 PM

Glad to see you make an ‘appearance’ on this forum now and again, OMG.  I KNOW that it can be frustrating some times, but no one is better equipped than you are to deal with the misinformation which more than occasionally gets its nose under the hairloss tent!

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 5 ]

August 22, 2014, 01:29 PM

Good to hear from you, Rosario!!!  I’ve sorry I’ve been so horrible about contacting you—did you know that I have TWO daughters now?!  smile

...oh, and a possum, too!  ...in addition to 1 1/2 more rescued cats!

I’ll be in touch soon!!!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

Rosariorose9

RankRank

Total Posts: 101

# 6 ]

August 22, 2014, 01:38 PM

OMG, OMG!!  TW0?  You and the lazer babe HAVE been very busy!  Are you still at the same address?  I want to send your new addition something.  In the meantime, CONGRATULATIONS excaimexcaim

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

# 7 ]

August 22, 2014, 06:34 PM

Hey, Rosario!

Still at the same address!!!  You obviously don’t have to do that, but I know I can’t stop you—so THANK YOU!!!  I’ll have to send you some pictures.  I know you don’t do facebook so you haven’t seen anything.  We’ve been meaning to do a photoshoot, but haven’t gotten around to it because we’ve been so busy this summer!

I have to tell you, possums are amazing creatures, though!  We’ve talked about rescuing plenty of cats—and even a squirrel- but not a possum yet!  I’ve been building a huge cage for evacuating a large number of cats in case of emergency that fits into the back of my van, and he’s going to live in there in the meantime.  We’re about to start housebreaking him—yes, you can do that with possums!  He’s very much like a slower dog, actually.

possum-cage.jpg
5’ x 2’ x 2’ cat evac/possum habitat! Work in progress…

Ok, talk to you soon!

-O.M.G.

IGNORE

eriko

RankRank

Total Posts: 26

# 8 ]

August 24, 2014, 07:07 PM

Ok, OMG. Thanks for your reply. I meant no harm, but I really prefer open discussion. And like I stated, what that guy from iGrow wrote to me really made no sense to me..! With you being the laser guru that you are, It’s really comforting having someone with the knowledge that can shut the mouth of those greedy companies.

It’s really easy to understand that these companies are ripping people off, and i can only assume that they might launch the version 12.4 containing 67 diodes in a few years, only to release a 72 diode helmet 6 months later.

That said, i see two companies that have developed wireless helmets that look very easy to use, and I gotta dare to ask you OMG, are there any chances of seeing a wireless laser messiah one day?

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.