my helmet won’t turn on

Share/Bookmark

krazy4kookies

RankRank

Total Posts: 23

September 29, 2014, 08:34 PM

Hi everyone, i’m in a panic!  I can’t get my helmet to power on.  I think i’ve had it for a year and a half to two years now.  I’ve had this issue before and it was usually the connector to the helmet. I eliminated that problem by using a soldering iron and I soldered the copper ends then inserted into the green connector to the helmet. 

I checked those connections and they are fine.  The connectors to the power supply seemed frayed so I cut back the plastic and soldered the copper wires too before inserting back into the power supply.  Still nothing.  Could the power supply be bad?  The green light is on when I plug it in.  This is a helmet made by OMG.  I’m lost without it I could cry! 

BTW I’ve had great success with this helmet (being a woman) and I would hate to take a step backwards w/o it.

If I can’t fix it OMG do you do repairs????

thanks everyone for helping me troubleshoot!

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 1 ]

September 29, 2014, 08:59 PM

I have a spare power supply and tried that no luck still won’t power on.

IGNORE

OverMachoGrande

RankRankRank

Editor

Total Posts: 906

# 2 ]

September 30, 2014, 12:22 AM

Hey, Krazy4kookies!

Send it to me and I’ll take care of it!!!  Most of the time, it’s a pretty easy fix—at least for someone that does this all day long!!!  smile

Make sure you didn’t do the common mistake of plugging both the red (or white) and the black wires of the helmet cord into V+ ports!!!  That probably happens more times than not!  The red (or white) should go in the “V+”, and the black should go in either a “G” or a “V-”.

power-supply-wires.jpg
Make sure the red or white cord is in “V+”, and the black cord is in “G” or V-”!  A common mistake is to put both in “V+”!

If that’s not the problem, then it’s probably just a broken connection somewhere—which is hard to troubleshoot “verbally”, but it’s pretty easy to do once I get it!  I’ll follow the path until I find the problem.

It sounds like you’ve got some connection problems anyway, so I’d like to fix that!  I can make it so those green connectors aren’t quite so problematic now!!!

-O.M.G.

Build your own Laser Helmet | Laser Brush | Laser Device at OverMachoGrande.com!  The internet’s first, best, and biggest consumer advocate site on laser therapy for hair loss!  It’s time to educate yourself about one of the greatest treatments in FORUM HISTORY…

IGNORE

krazy4kookies

RankRank

# 3 ]

September 30, 2014, 04:56 AM

thanks for the pick, that is how it is currently wired so I will be sending it.
thanks!

IGNORE

THE INTERNET'S HOME FOR

HAIR LOSS NEWS, TREATMENTS, SOLUTIONS, AND FORUMS.